Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter

Posted by: r.peltzman

Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 12:54 PM

Hello,

My name is Roger Peltzman. 8 years ago I won a Mason and Hamlin BB in the famous Faust Harrison Pianos contest. Two years ago the NY Times did a great article about my mother and her family in war torn Belgium. She miraculously survived the war but, tragically, her brother Norbert, a supremely gifted concert pianist did not. Both Norbert and my grandparents perished in Auschwitz. Norbert at age 22. As a pianist myself, I have, over the years, felt a particular bond with my uncle who remains an inspiration for me. I have decided to honor his memory by recording a CD of works by Chopin at the Brussels Conservatory of Music where he played, according to all accounts, brilliantly. I am raising money for this worthwhile project on Kickstarter and I'd greatly appreciate your taking the time to explore the site. If you find this story/project compelling, please forward the Kickstarter page to friends and loved ones. 1/2 of all proceeds from CD will go to the impressive new Holocaust Museum in Belgium - Kazerne Dossin.

All the very best,
Roger

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002...-proje?ref=live
Posted by: ten left thumbs

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 01:27 PM

Hi Roger, that link doesn't work for me, can you check it please?
Posted by: John v.d.Brook

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 07:33 PM

Here's the correct link.