(1) Studio rent and utilities. If you teach at home, you may
deduct the business related portion of your utilities.
(2) Reference materials: books, magazines, recordings, music
(3) Office supplies: paper, pens & pencils, envelopes, postage, stickers & incentives, etc.
(4) Telephone – the business related portion only.
(5) Equipment and maintenance: Computers, computer
software, electric keyboards, printer, copy machine, fax machine, answering machine piano tuning and repair, metronome, etc.
(6) Membership dues for professional organizations
(7) Workshops, private lessons and courses
(8) Business travel (state the purpose of your trip) – including air fare, car mileage (check the annual legal deductible rate) or rental, lodging, meals, incidentals related to travel (taxi or limo, etc.)
(9) Child careSource