Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia?

Posted by: theholygideons

Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/09/14 02:11 AM

I'm thinking of doing my licentiate diploma, L.Musa. Do you know of any experienced teachers in Sydney, either close to the CBD or around Strathfield? Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks.
Posted by: currawong

Re: Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/09/14 03:55 AM

Have you looked at the MTA directory (http://www.musicnsw.com.au/)? Or musicteachers directory?

Re: Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/09/14 05:24 AM

of course, smile. I just thought that some of you may have encountered a few good teachers and that a personal recommendation based on your experiences with them may help me in choosing the right teacher for me.
Posted by: currawong

Re: Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/09/14 05:32 AM

I haven't come across too many other teachers here from Australia, let alone Sydney metro.
Posted by: Beth_Frances

Re: Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/12/14 07:29 PM

Elissa Milne lives in Sydney? No idea how much she charges, or if she takes adult students, but I imagine she'd be very good. I've also seen her mention that she works on a week to week basis and you only have to pay for the lessons you take which would work well for an adult.
Posted by: Rebecca Piano

Re: Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/13/14 08:15 AM

Yes, I'll PM you (my own teacher, although I don't know if he has space for more students this year).

Re: Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/14/14 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Rebecca Piano
Yes, I'll PM you (my own teacher, although I don't know if he has space for more students this year).

PM? i haven't received one yet frown
Posted by: Currarongnat

Re: Piano teachers in Sydney, Australia? - 01/27/14 06:23 AM

What about Elizabeth Green? She can make some very cutting remarks in diploma reports and only teaches promising students. She teaches in the CBD, could be tricky to track down contact details. Check the AMEB examiner list.