Rhapsody In Blue input please.

Posted by: 193866

Rhapsody In Blue input please. - 09/30/07 06:58 PM

Dear Teachers, Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin is what I want to learn. I have the the 30 plus page sheet music... too hard to read to start this. Do you know of a good intermediate scaled down arrangement for me to work with please? Six years classical piano education plus 2 more years of theory to improv Big Band and Jazz from fake sheets.Thank you in advance for your input. Sandy B
Posted by: apple*

Re: Rhapsody In Blue input please. - 09/30/07 07:46 PM

Dear 193866,

this one\'s pretty accessible

i've dabbled in several transcriptions (i've worked on the 31 pager the most but it IS hard and it is hard to make it sound wonderful).

imho none of them sound fantastic because one expects it to sound like the original pianosolo with orchestral accompaniment.

still lots of fun.

here is our own Rami Bar-Nive playing his own transcription.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ocsuFv0Sc
Posted by: 193866

Re: Rhapsody In Blue input please. - 09/30/07 08:20 PM

apple...Thank you so much and I printed your post as I will have a file for just this along with the other information posted. My dream is to play a good Rhapsody In Blue. Thank you so much again. I promised our Executive Director 6 years ago to learn it for him on day, his very favorite. This is one day. Bless his heart he is still waiting. I will do this. Sandy B