Looking for piano teacher in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area

Posted by: Poisy

Looking for piano teacher in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area - 09/16/09 08:29 PM

Back in August, I signed up for my son (6 1/2 with a year of piano lessons) at the Evola store in Canton, MI to start his lessons in September. They said the teacher would call. After 2 weeks into September, I haven't heard from the teacher so I called the store up. They told me that the slot I picked for my son has been filled by someone else. If I want to I should leave a voice mail for the teacher. I left him messages and I haven't heard back (already a week). I don't want to make a big deal with the store.

Could someone recommend a good piano teacher in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area or near by for my son to sign up for piano lessons ASAP?

Thank you so much for your help!

I'm sorry if I post this in the wrong area.
Posted by: michiganteacher

Re: Looking for piano teacher in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area - 09/16/09 10:58 PM

Hi Poisy,

I am a piano teacher who lives in Novi. You can check out my website at www.novipianoacademy.com for more info. Feel free to contact me further via the contact info on my website if you are still interested!

Good luck either way in your search. smile
Posted by: Kreisler

Re: Looking for piano teacher in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area - 09/16/09 11:44 PM

Call Kelley Benson or John Ellis at the University. They have a great program, and many of the program's teachers (mostly graduate students or post-grads from UofM) teach privately on the side as well. I taught in that program, and I know many of the people who have over the past 8 years. I would easily recommend any of them.

http://www.music.umich.edu/departments/piano/pplp/faculty.htm