Arrangements for easy piano/Christmas songs

Posted by: Barb860

Arrangements for easy piano/Christmas songs - 10/26/09 09:36 PM

I am looking high and low for easy piano arrangements of:
"Believe" and "When Christmas Comes to Town" from Polar Express, and "The Christmas Shoes". I have tried sheet music plus and other internet sites but can't seem to find any arrangements for easy piano (level 3-ish).
Does anyone have a source for these requests from students?
Posted by: dumdumdiddle

Re: Arrangements for easy piano/Christmas songs - 10/26/09 09:43 PM

Go to www.primamusic.com and do a search for 'Christmas Shoes' under product title. There are a couple of sheet music arrangements. There are also several versions that are part of larger collections of Christmas music books (search under 'song' this time). Same with the Polar Express song; it's part of a christmas book with other pieces in it.
Posted by: Barb860

Re: Arrangements for easy piano/Christmas songs - 10/27/09 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: dumdumdiddle
Go to www.primamusic.com and do a search for 'Christmas Shoes' under product title. There are a couple of sheet music arrangements. There are also several versions that are part of larger collections of Christmas music books (search under 'song' this time). Same with the Polar Express song; it's part of a christmas book with other pieces in it.

Great site! thanks very much for this information!
Posted by: Less Rubato

Re: Arrangements for easy piano/Christmas songs - 10/27/09 03:20 PM

I'm not a teacher but I have been trying to locate easier versions of those songs ( and others) to no avail. My son has a rather difficult list of music going right now preparing for adjudications and he wanted a few easy Christmas songs. He's not much into traditional carols but loves movie music.

One thing I did was a download a free copy of Finale and enter the melody- but add the fake book chords for the left hand. It's worked like a charm and it's easier to read than the published 3 stave pieces. Now he can play "Somewhere in My Memory" from "Home Alone" without dedicating too much time to it. Still sounds pretty, too.