MTNA CONVENTION 2010

Posted by: BLUEPIANIST

MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/10/10 06:11 PM

Is anyone planning to go to the convention in NM? If so, why don't we plan to meet and have coffee or lunch. Anyone interested?
Blue pianist
Posted by: Kreisler

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/10/10 07:56 PM

I'll be there! laugh
Posted by: dumdumdiddle

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/10/10 08:50 PM

More details please!!
Posted by: Orange Soda King

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/10/10 09:28 PM

If I win the senior piano competition at the Southern Division, I'll definitely be there!!!

I'm competing thiscoming Sunday, actually. Slim chance I'll win, but you never know!
Posted by: John v.d.Brook

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/11/10 09:35 AM

Good luck with the competition.

Unfortunately, this year's convention doesn't align itself well with Easter/Spring breaks, which falls two weeks later. I'd be happier if this were a summer event. Oh well.
Posted by: Rachel J

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/11/10 01:34 PM

I am seriously considering going and getting a booth to promote my method. When it gets closer to the time, let's make sure we resurrect this thread!
Posted by: DameMyra

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/11/10 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Orange Soda King
If I win the senior piano competition at the Southern Division, I'll definitely be there!!!

I'm competing thiscoming Sunday, actually. Slim chance I'll win, but you never know!

Good luck this coming weekend! BTW, does anyone know the results of the Eastern Division this past weekend? My teacher had a couple of students competing.

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/11/10 06:51 PM

Piano*Dad might know, he lives over there and seems to be up on his piano news.
Posted by: Orange Soda King

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/11/10 07:02 PM

Thanks for the "good luck"s... I'm sure going to need all I can get!
Posted by: BLUEPIANIST

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/26/10 08:26 PM

Sorry this has taken so long...how do we go about setting something up? Like where, when, how do we know each other....????? any ideas
Blue pianist

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 01/26/10 10:15 PM

Back when I was on the Piano-L email list, someone printed up a bunch of labels that said "Piano-L" on them and we left them on a bulletin board near the registration desk.

When we registered, we all went to the board and put one of the stickers on our name tags so we could easily recognize one another - it served to be a great ice breaker and worked well.

Maybe we could do something similar?

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 03/18/10 10:56 AM

BUMP!

Okay, so who's going? I'll be around Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. If anybody wants to hear me play or say hello, I'm accompanying one of the Young Artist Woodwind competition performances at 8:30am Monday morning. I'll also be attending quite a few sessions and lurking in the exhibit hall.

Hope to meet some of you there!
Posted by: Betty Patnude

Re: MTNA CONVENTION 2010 - 03/18/10 07:29 PM

I'm not going to Albuquerque, but please, everyone have a wonderful time!

Then, immediately put next years event on your calendar and include it in your budget and your plans now. That's the first step to making any of the music teacher professional events. Why I never followed my own advice is a long story.

Do go and enjoy!

Betty