PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music

Posted by: pv88

PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music - 11/22/10 02:44 AM

I am posting what has to be the very first performance of the CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music, as it is performed here on a Casio Celviano AP-620 digital piano, with the "Strings-Piano" setting.

I play this piece from a professional transcription since no score exists for the original performance, and I am including both recordings for comparison, here:

1) Debut recording, on the Casio AP-620:

http://www.box.net/shared/tkmf67d48e

2) Original CVS "on hold" music:

http://www.box.net/shared/sy7p2bk48q

All comments are welcome.
Posted by: Gnarly

Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music - 10/31/11 10:39 AM

Sounds to me like you nailed it--guess we still don't know the composer or original composer.
The recording is sometimes slowed down and garbled when I call CVS, like it was stored on magnetic tape . . .
Thanks for your contribution!
Gnarly
PS Care to share your transcription?
Posted by: DCM1519

Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music - 03/09/12 02:42 PM

I found a site that claims to be able to identify any song if a small portion of it is played or even whistled. It looks legitimate and I think it is free. I would try it but it appears to require using a cell phone to record part of the song and then somehow transmit it. I do not have a cell phone and don't have a clue about the instructions they give.

Maybe someone here with a cell phone can read and understand it enough to try it. Here is the link.

http://www.howtogeek.com/107689/how-to-e...campaign=080312

Thanks
Posted by: DCM1519

Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music - 03/17/12 06:37 PM

I have read the instructions for doing this and there is a way to do it without a cell phone. I tried turning "stero mix" and my computer does not have it.

A google search seems to indicate that not many sound cards contain this feature. I am willing to buy a sound card but have not found a way to tell if the cards support stereo mix.
Posted by: kspitz

Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music - 04/20/13 04:46 PM

Great job on the CVS "music on hold" piano solo. I heard somewhere it is called "The Golden Dragon" but not sure if that is correct. I have been trying to get just the chords for this piece since I play by ear. I have worked out the melody but cant quite the the left hand going correctly. Just need a list of chords like quitar chords. Even just the sequence of chords like C-major, A-minor, G-seventh etc in keeping with the melody. Do you know of a source where I could do this? Thanks much.
Posted by: jackross

Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music - 07/27/13 03:51 AM

I have basic knowledge of harmonium but i want learn guitar. Is there easy way to learn guitar..
Posted by: ScottieG

Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music - 08/20/13 03:06 PM

I know this is an older thread, but I only recently had occasion to call a CVS pharmacy and hear that beautiful music. After listening to it, I jumped straight on the web to see if I could find it and came across this forum. I am green with envy that you were able to emulate it nearly note for note. Great job!! I play by ear and am attempting to learn the piece, but it's going to take me a while. I'm not a trained pianist, but I have a natural knack for playing what I hear. I have a Yamaha CVP 70 Clavinova. Bought it new in 1992. With some work, I should be able to do OK. Anyway, I just wanted to comment on your rendition. Thanks for posting. If anybody ever finds out who the composer is, I'd love to know.

Cheers