Posted by: PianogrlNW

Bach-Petri Sheep May Safely Graze - 06/30/12 11:00 PM

Here is my recording of Bach's Birthday Cantata
arranged by Egon Petri.

http://soundcloud.com/ellen-w-1/bach-petri-arrangement-sheep
Posted by: Hakki

Re: Bach-Petri Sheep May Safely Graze - 07/24/12 04:40 PM

Beautiful!!

Did you post this on pianist corner subforum?
Posted by: Derulux

Re: Bach-Petri Sheep May Safely Graze - 07/24/12 07:04 PM

I second Hakki's comments. Very nice tempo, control and interpretation. If you were interested in taking a look at it in more detail, I would make some very small comments. It sounds like there is a little tension in your hands in places, and the verticals don't match up, which detracts from the very clean way you play vast majority of the piece. If you can remove that tension and clean up those notes, you will have a dynamite selection and one heck of a track, but again it was a very lovely performance and I enjoyed it. smile
Posted by: PianogrlNW

Re: Bach-Petri Sheep May Safely Graze - 07/24/12 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Hakki
Beautiful!!

Thank you Hakki. I didn't post it on Piano Forum because I don't think it meets the high standards of the pianists perusing that sub-forum.
Ellen
Posted by: Hakki

Re: Bach-Petri Sheep May Safely Graze - 07/25/12 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: PianogrlNW
Originally Posted By: Hakki
Beautiful!!

Thank you Hakki. I didn't post it on Piano Forum because I don't think it meets the high standards of the pianists perusing that sub-forum.
Ellen

It is not a high standard sub-forum. As far as I remember it was created just because some members felt that the Member Recordings forum was getting way too little attention and it would be better to make a sub-forum at the Pianist Corner.
Therefore, I would suggest you to post your wonderful recording there too.