FNG Here! Ludovico Einaudi- Divenire

Posted by: Jofus

FNG Here! Ludovico Einaudi- Divenire - 11/20/12 06:20 AM

Hey everybody! I'm new here. I've actually had an account for a while, but always too afraid to really post. I've never been very serious about piano playing until recently, but I haven't had formal training since I was in 3rd grade (I'm 25 now). Anyway, I've tinkered around on the piano for years, but really just playing by ear. I'm sure my technique is atrocious to you experts.

A little more about my music experience: I was a percussionist from age 12 until 22, a percussion major in college up until I joined the military. It's hard to keep up playing percussion when you live in the barracks, so I decided I'd buy a keyboard and start buying and learning some music.

For this recording, I used my Casio PX-130's MIDI out because my camera microphone is awful. I used the software, Reason, for the MIDI sounds. Unfortunately, it didn't give me a lot of dynamic range, and the sustain pedal seemed to only be all the way up or all the way down. I had a couple rhythmic hiccups here and there, but I was happiest with this take. Anyway, here it is, and I hope you guys don't tear me apart too badly!

Cheers.
Posted by: peterws

Re: FNG Here! Ludovico Einaudi- Divenire - 11/28/12 06:29 PM

Hey, I enjoyed that, man. Y`know, there`s a lot of this sort of stuff around. Pirates of the Carribean and that . . you can add extra voices and expand on this if you want to. On top of what you`ve done! It`s great fun . . .Splendid job. But I`m not brill . . . .Have a good one