He's a pirate Cover!

Posted by: Adamanthul

He's a pirate Cover! - 04/13/13 04:56 PM

Would mean a lot to me if you'd check out my latest youtube cover and let me know what you think !
Posted by: Derulux

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 04/14/13 05:16 PM

I can hear that you have quite a bit of musical ability. I think you can take a lot of harshness out of your playing by not "pounding" the beat. (For example, at the beginning, I can hear every octave change in your left hand much louder than anything else you're playing.) I would also bring out the melody notes much more. (You do a much better job of this at 1:10 than at the beginning.) But good effort, overall. smile

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 04/15/13 01:41 PM

Hey thanks for your constructive criticism and yes those points you mentioned crossed my mind too, i always seem to have a hard time to not overplay the bassnotes, definitely gonna work on that!

cheers.
Posted by: earlofmar

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 04/23/13 02:06 AM

No criticism from me constructive or otherwise, but most enjoyable to hear you play

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 05/02/13 08:16 AM

Always great to hear, thank you
Posted by: Ahmediy

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 05/03/13 08:08 PM

I liked it, very good.
After listening to this a few times it sounds like you played a few wrong notes.
It is very good but maybe even better if you played all the right notes.

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 05/05/13 01:09 PM

yea there's an obvious mistake at 0:38 and i think at 1:20 i slipped down while hitting the b octave other than that i dont hear obvius mistakes but for some not well met notes.

Thanks for the tip, still gonna work on it to perfect it!
Posted by: shaolin95

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 05/08/13 11:06 AM

Very nice job!
I wish to be at that level one day. Is a long road but I am enjoying every minute of it. smile

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 06/08/13 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: shaolin95
Very nice job!
I wish to be at that level one day. Is a long road but I am enjoying every minute of it. smile

Dont give up, I didn't even start 2 years ago, without any proper musical training until then or now, it's all about dedication! smile
Posted by: DashanDad

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 06/17/13 12:52 AM

Like it the way it is. I like the power.
Posted by: UKIkarus

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 07/04/13 04:08 PM

This was nice laugh

These are the kind of things I can do by ear playing wise... but my sheet reading is terrible haha frown

You guys are all great at reading smile

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 07/13/13 07:02 AM

Honestly I think it's more impressive if you can do this by ear, I could never do that!

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 07/15/13 06:22 AM

Really?

It's just the way I started, I always figured more people tend to be unable to read nowadays as opposed to in the past... I am quite a beginner when it comes to sheets (just starting "Bach/Gounod - Ave Maria" specifically in C Maj) although I have yet to ever record anything I am definitely tempted to give it a shot sometime smile

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 07/15/13 03:15 PM

I think playing without sheets teaches you a lot more if you study by yourself than playing with sheets and honestly reading sheets is the simplest act in the world (note, i really just mean reading, not sight-reading while playing).

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 07/16/13 07:00 AM

Simplest act in the world? perhaps once you learn the fundamentals of how it works.... memorizing each notes position has taken me a while but I'll get there eventually.

There is quite a lot of information on some of those pages wink as you say following the notes/music generally reading is not so bad, sight reading however.... well that could be a fair way off yet!

Re: He's a pirate Cover! - 07/17/13 03:24 PM

Ofcourse, I should have said reading notes not sheet music, since the difficulty varies greatly depending on the piece wink