Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson

Posted by: Steve Peterson

Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson - 09/28/13 01:25 PM

Finally posting a recording up here! This is recorded on Lola, the 1967 Baldwin SD-10 I bought earlier this year. Words cannot describe how much I love this piano...

https://soundcloud.com/steve-peterson/love-ballade-by-oscar-peterson
Posted by: Goof

Re: Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson - 10/03/13 07:11 PM

Beautifull sound, and you plainly know all about recording.
I love to hear some Mozart or Schuman, or even Debussy played on Lola?
Posted by: Cassiesmom

Re: Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson - 10/07/13 11:15 PM

Just beautiful.

Re: Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson - 10/08/13 10:43 AM

Thanks, Cassiesmom. My niece is named Cassie. Love the name. smile

Goof, I don't know any Schumann, and the only Mozart I know (First and second movements of the 21st Piano Concerto) aren't ready for recording now. Someday though!

Right now I'm working on a couple of the easier Chopin preludes. I spent about 20 years hardly ever playing a real piano, so I'm working on rebuilding technique again.
Posted by: UKIkarus

Re: Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson - 10/09/13 06:03 AM

Nicely Done smile
Posted by: berton1962

Re: Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson - 10/13/13 02:58 AM

B e a u t i f u l
Thanks so much for sharing this with us. How would you rate this in term of difficulty? Early intermediate (cause thats what i am)

Re: Love Ballade by Oscar Peterson - 10/14/13 10:43 AM

Technically the piece isn't very challenging. There's not a lot going on in the left hand, and the right hand technically isn't very difficult. To me the the challenge is getting the right smoothness and freeing up the tempo to get good expression. Of course, if you want to hear it right, you have to listen to Oscar Peterson play it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbWjXEKMInQ

If you listen, you'll note I'm only playing the introduction, which is similar to the end. I'm not enough of a Jazz player to play the middle section properly, and that's the best part. Some day, maybe!