Concert recording

Posted by: fnork

Concert recording - 10/28/04 04:12 PM

Yesterday, I performed the first movement of a violin sonata by swedish composer Emil Sjögren. My violinist friend happens to have an MP3-player with an external microphone which usually works okay, so we recorded it. I guess noone here has heard about Emil Sjögren, and his music is rarely performed anymore comparing to many other swedish composers from his time. He wasn't much interrested in large musical forms, like orchestra music, he preferred writing chamber and piano music.

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/fnork/

Click "save as" on the second link on that page. The sound quality isn't the best, and in general the piano is a bit too loud. Also, we were both very nervous when we played it (especially me!), and played too fast. There are some mistakes here and there, too... Hope you'll like it anyway \:\)
Posted by: markjpcs

Re: Concert recording - 10/28/04 05:06 PM

It sounded really good!

I like the piece to. It has some real emotion.

Great public performance!
Posted by: fnork

Re: Concert recording - 10/30/04 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by markjpcs:
It sounded really good!

I like the piece to. It has some real emotion.

Great public performance! [/b]
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I think we'll make another recording of it for ourselves, when not playing for audience. You see, the performance was a bit stressed I think, it's not supposed to go that fast really. And the sound quality wasn't that good either. If we'll make it, I'll post that recording here too \:\)
We're planning to learn the whole sonata, and next spring we're going to Krakow in Poland to make a concert in one of their music schools, where we'll play it.