Chopin Piano Concerto in E minor - Allegro Maestoso

Posted by: Phoenixrebirth

Chopin Piano Concerto in E minor - Allegro Maestoso - 01/05/06 12:18 PM

Here is a recording from me playing the first solo of this movement.

I will post a video from the entire movement soon.
Tell me what you think !

http://canardpc.free.fr/chopin/Concerto%20-%20Allegro%20Maestoso%201st%20solo2.mp3
Posted by: PianoMajor@MSU

Re: Chopin Piano Concerto in E minor - Allegro Maestoso - 01/05/06 02:06 PM

Good job! I love this concerto. Believe it or not, this is actually the 2nd piano concerto chopin wrote in his lifetime. He wrote the F Minor PC at age 19 but it wasn't until later that it was named No.2

Sorry if you already knew this. I just found it interesting.
Posted by: virtuoso_735

Re: Chopin Piano Concerto in E minor - Allegro Maestoso - 01/15/06 08:17 PM

Very nice job!

It's interesting to hear the piano concerto only with the piano. Is there a second pianist accompanying you in this recording? I assume not, but I'm not sure. If not, are you going to find someone who will? Will you get to play with an orchestra? Even if you don't, it must have still been very rewarding learning this piece.
Posted by: pianojerome

Re: Chopin Piano Concerto in E minor - Allegro Maestoso - 01/15/06 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PianoMajor@MSU:
Good job! I love this concerto. Believe it or not, this is actually the 2nd piano concerto chopin wrote in his lifetime. He wrote the F Minor PC at age 19 but it wasn't until later that it was named No.2

Sorry if you already knew this. I just found it interesting. [/b]
Right, it had something to do with how they were published. Chopin wrote a piano concerto, but didn't think it was good enough to be published, so he just kept it in his notebooks. About 10 years later, he got around to writing another concerto, and this one he published and performed - to great success. Then seeing the great success of his "Piano Concerto No. 1", he fixed up his old concerto that he had written ten years earlier, and published that one as the "Piano Concerto No. 2."
Posted by: thunderFingers

Re: Chopin Piano Concerto in E minor - Allegro Maestoso - 01/15/06 08:53 PM

Beautiful interpretation. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for recording it!
Posted by: Burroughs

Re: Chopin Piano Concerto in E minor - Allegro Maestoso - 07/23/13 02:00 PM

Lovely, I like to play this myself sometimes. the notes fall very well under the finger. smile