crumbs in the cracks of the piano keys

Posted by: Nannerl Mozart

crumbs in the cracks of the piano keys - 01/04/12 09:29 AM

My brother was eating something very crumbly, I tried to clean as much as I could off the piano keys but some of the crumbs feel in between the keys. Is there anything that can be done about it?
Posted by: Jerry Groot RPT

Re: crumbs in the cracks of the piano keys - 01/04/12 10:01 AM

Crumbs won't hurt anything. They will probably just fall underneath they keys and stay there forever. But, if you would prefer, the next time you have the piano tuned, ask the tuner to clean it out. They can remove the keys and vacuum out the crumbs along with whatever else happened to filter its way down there too. smile
Posted by: Roy Rodgers

Re: crumbs in the cracks of the piano keys - 01/04/12 10:11 AM

The only problem I can see with the crumbs is that they may attract unwanted visitors to the piano. Mice like pianos anyway, and if there is some other food in it, that's icing on the cake for them.
Posted by: Maximillyan

Re: crumbs in the cracks of the piano keys - 01/04/12 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Nannerl Mozart
My brother was eating something very crumbly, I tried to clean as much as I could off the piano keys but some of the crumbs feel in between the keys. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Nannerl Mozart, if you have the experience disassemble the piano, I have found for you this video. Here the cause of wedging the two keys between itself was a colored pencil rod. You have to disassemble youself access to the keys and if they have a similar defect, first act to removing the keys. Second act its montage "native homely place"
You can also try to vacuuming. Good luck for You and your brother hello
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqgSK4TZ6W0