OT -- Phoebe's Table Dance

Posted by: Del

OT -- Phoebe's Table Dance - 11/27/12 12:31 PM

This has little -- actually, nothing -- to do with pianos but it does have something to do with music and some incredible design and woodworking.

http://vimeo.com/33065400

It's best if you can watch it at High Definition and on full screen.

ddf
Posted by: BDB

Re: Phoebe's Table Dance - 11/27/12 12:43 PM

Interesting design, and the music reminds me why I cannot tune guitars any more. Too many legs on the table, though, so it would be hard to sit at it.

Re: Phoebe's Table Dance - 11/27/12 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BDB
Interesting design, and the music reminds me why I cannot tune guitars any more. Too many legs on the table, though, so it would be hard to sit at it.

My thought as well, but in the maker's text he explains that the legs can also be moved -- or removed -- as necessary for comfortable seating.

ddf
Posted by: accordeur

Re: Phoebe's Table Dance - 11/27/12 03:29 PM

Very cool!!!
Posted by: David Jenson

Re: OT -- Phoebe's Table Dance - 11/27/12 08:51 PM

Interesting guitar work with a dropped "D" tuning. The table is a work of art, but I was a little distracted by the pictures of the guitarist repeatedly quaffing what looked like some "adult beverage". I was glad he didn't try to play after the third or fourth quaff. grin
Posted by: ando

Re: OT -- Phoebe's Table Dance - 11/27/12 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: David Jenson
Interesting guitar work with a dropped "D" tuning. The table is a work of art, but I was a little distracted by the pictures of the guitarist repeatedly quaffing what looked like some "adult beverage". I was glad he didn't try to play after the third or fourth quaff. grin

Amazingly bad drop-D tuning. Especially given how long he spends trying to tune it. For a guitarist he makes a good carpenter.

Re: OT -- Phoebe's Table Dance - 11/27/12 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: David Jenson

There is an explanation of this in the text down below the video.

ddf