Technical Resources Available

Posted by: Chuck Behm

Technical Resources Available - 12/06/12 05:24 PM

Hi all -If any of you would like to see what can be done with photo journals to document a piano rebuild, I've posted several of them for viewing at FREE TECHNICAL RESOURCES on my website. Scroll down to "Photo Journals" and click.

If you've never done one of these before, they are easy and fun and great advertisement. Let me know what you think.

Best wishes for a great holiday season! Chuck Behm
Posted by: Chuck Behm

Re: Technical Resources Available - 12/08/12 07:58 AM

Best of the morning to you all! I've been thinking of ways I can help some of you out in bringing home more work, and here's an idea I've had. For those of you who do refinishing (especially if you do family-heirloom type of instruments), if you have a customer's piano which you would like to give an estimate on, go to my Photo Gallery page on my website and scroll down to see if there's any similar model that we've done.

If you find one that is a sister piano, or at least is a similar model, contact me directly and I would be happy to send the original image that you can print (you can't just copy it off the webpage, I'm pretty sure - at least I tried and it didn't work).

With a glossy 8 1/2 X 11 photo of what the piano would look like when it was done, your chances of securing the job will be improved. Customers seem to have a very hard time visualizing what their piano could look like, and are amazed when they see just how beautiful these older instruments can be.

So, for example, if you have a customer with a blonded Acrosonic, let me know and I'll send you the after photo (3rd row down, left hand side in the gallery) and for that matter the before shot (2nd row, right hand side) for you to show your customer.

To be perfectly open about things, you should mention to your customer that the photos were taken by another shop, and if you have photos of other instruments that you've actually done, it would be a good idea to have available as well. (If you haven't done so already - START TAKING PHOTOS!)

Well, I hope this is helpful to some of you. Although I've got more work coming in than I can handle right now, there were times, years back, that I was desperately trying to put food on the table. A few technicians I knew back then did what they could to get me off to a good start. It feels good to be on the other end of the deal from time to time.

Have a great weekend, all. Chuck