Hands-On Piano Tuning Course

Posted by: Mark Cerisano, RPT

Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/27/12 04:20 PM

I apologise for this blatant self-promotion. I have been trying desperately to figure out how to advertise on Pianoworld with no success. I have sent numerous emails with no response. If anyone knows how I can easily pay to advertise this course, I would be happy to oblige.

*** Deleted ***

See the link "ADVERTISE on Piano World" here--------->>>>

or simply click on the helpful link Marty provided.
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/27/12 04:35 PM

http://www.pianoworld.com/advertising/
Posted by: Rickster

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/27/12 05:46 PM

Just reading the technician's forum and asking questions is a pretty good education, and for free. smile

Best thing on the market, if you ask me.

Rick
Posted by: Herr Weiss

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/27/12 08:14 PM

Right on Rickster! I second that notion. This HERE is priceless! Got 1400+ threads bookmarked. I'm grateful to each and everyone (some more, some less) for all the INFO. Every day I learn something new. God Bless Piano World!
Posted by: Mark Cerisano, RPT

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/29/12 08:23 PM

Thanks for adding those comments guys. But I think I need to steer you in the right direction here.

Marty, have you actually looked at that link you sent me? There is no clear way, after 30 minutes searching on the site, of creating an advertising account, which is supposed to be easy as 1-2-3. Is that 1-2-3 hours, or what?

Rickster, are you trying to suggest that just reading some posts is a substitute for formal education, especially hands-on courses like the one I provide? Surely not. Have you actually taken courses with a qualified technician and found that these posts were much better at explaining and demonstrating exactly how to tune a piano? I would like to hear about that.

Heir Weiss, I applaud your passion for Piano World, and I share this same passion. But are you also trying to infer that learning from a real person, in person, is somehow inferior. I grant you that the price is right, but surely I read your post wrong if I concluded that you find paying for quality formal education to be a waste of time and money. Is that right?
Posted by: Jerry Groot RPT

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/29/12 08:38 PM

Hi Mark,

Check your PM from me. I think that'll help you... smile
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/29/12 08:52 PM

Mark - I have looked at it, but I am not in need of advertizing in PW. I did know the link was there and that is why I posted it. Your self-promotion is, and has been, clearly visible to the readers of these forums.

I have just re-examined the results of the link and there are further links at the bottom of the page for paid advertizing. If all else fails, I would suggest a PM to BB Player as he is the one who deleted your promo. Surely he would be able to explain how it all works to you.
Posted by: Rickster

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/30/12 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano
Rickster, are you trying to suggest that just reading some posts is a substitute for formal education, especially hands-on courses like the one I provide? Surely not. Have you actually taken courses with a qualified technician and found that these posts were much better at explaining and demonstrating exactly how to tune a piano? I would like to hear about that.

All I'm suggesting is that the professional piano technicians here on PW are the best of the best... many have offered assistance to me and others on and off the forum. I've been invited to live events for real hands on training. And, again, it was for free.

I don't know of a better (free) resource for training and instruction in piano technology than PW.

I'd hire most any of these fine technicians in the real world if I needed them.

Oh, and by-the-way, these folks are pretty good at explaining things in writing... smile

And, one more thing... I really appreciate the fine technicians here who are more than willing to answer questions and share their vast knowledge and experience. A big "Thank you" to all!!! thumb

Rick
Posted by: accordeur

Re: Hands-On Piano Tuning Course - 12/30/12 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Rickster
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano

All I'm suggesting is that the professional piano technicians here on PW are the best of the best... many have offered assistance to me and others on and off the forum. I've been invited to live events for real hands on training. And, again, it was for free.

I don't know of a better (free) resource for training and instruction in piano technology than PW.

I'd hire most any of these fine technicians in the real world if I needed them.

Oh, and by-the-way, these folks are pretty good at explaining things in writing... smile

And, one more thing... I really appreciate the fine technicians here who are more than willing to answer questions and share their vast knowledge and experience. A big "Thank you" to all!!! thumb

Rick

You are an excellent moderator Rick.