Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience??

Posted by: kpembrook

Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/05/13 12:30 AM

Anyone have any experience with a larger Hornung and Moller from the 1970 era?
What comments can you offer?
What challenges might be encountered in rebuilding?
Posted by: pianolive

Re: Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/05/13 12:59 PM

Those pianos are very well made and you should normally not run into problems during a rebuild.
I personally know the man who was the chief foreman in the factory for decades. He is like an "encyclopedia" about pianos. He could tell you everything there is to know about your piano.
I will send you a PM if you are interested.

Re: Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/05/13 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: pianolive
Those pianos are very well made and you should normally not run into problems during a rebuild.
I personally know the man who was the chief foreman in the factory for decades. He is like an "encyclopedia" about pianos. He could tell you everything there is to know about your piano.
I will send you a PM if you are interested.

Thanks for the response. Please do send PM. thumb
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/05/13 06:28 PM

Keith, as a Michigander, expecially a UPer, you should be aware that Hornung & Company was located in Green Bay from 57-62 and again from 64-66. They were known for the great Lombardi action play.

Re: Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/05/13 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty
Keith, as a Michigander, expecially a UPer, you should be aware that Hornung & Company was located in Green Bay from 57-62 and again from 64-66. They were known for the great Lombardi action play.

thumb laugh

And I used to tune Paul Hornung's mom's piano.

Re: Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/06/13 02:34 PM

I thought you were talking about the Hornung & Möller manufacturer established in Copenhagen, Denmark way back in the early 1800. I never heard of an American factory with the same name. Strange.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/06/13 02:55 PM

Piano Live - You are the one who is correct. Keith & I took a detour which only makes sense in the USA. Ever heard of the Green Bay Packers?

Re: Hornung & Moller 9' -- Any Experience?? - 02/06/13 04:07 PM

Ok, thanks. I sent a PM.