Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup!

Posted by: OnlinePianist.com

Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/21/10 05:55 PM

It is true that piano and football often seems as two poles,

however music and football have always been two of my biggest

passions...

So, as a tribute to football & the World Cup, here is a

piano tutorial for the official song of the 2010 World Cup

in Africa.... Enjoy!

Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) by Shakira Piano Tutorial
Posted by: tangleweeds

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/21/10 06:18 PM

Do you have the sheet music for that on your site?

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/22/10 01:40 AM

Not Yet... But there will be soon..
Posted by: Rick

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/22/10 02:27 AM

You really live in the United States, and call it "football"?

Well, anyway, looks like the U.S. got screwed royally with no explanation or even an attempt at an explanation. Hard to pay tribute to something like that I think. I suppose it will set back the cause of soccer even more in this country. We're always complaining that there are never any scores in soccer, and when our team finally scores one, they pretend they don't see it (or whatever??). Again, there was no explanation so it's anyone's guess as to why the scoreboard was not incremented by 1 after the goal. Oh well.
Posted by: gmm1

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/22/10 08:21 AM

Yea, I'm with Rick. I have been a life-long football fan (OK OK OK - soccer). It is difficult to get people to enjoy the game when an official (any official) has the power to erase what happens on the field without having to explain the decision. Officials in every sport carry this power, but they are tempered by the necessity to justify their decision. Not so in FIFA run matches.

Yellow and red cards are another sore spot with me. But, that's another thread.

The sport is fun to watch, if one justs ignores the officials and watches the interaction of the players building a defense or an attack. Impossible, I know. Fustrating. Not to mention some spectactular dives and career-ending injuries that heal seconds after the yellow card...

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/22/10 02:51 PM

Guys, thank you for your comment...

I do understand your point but I also think that this is the beauty of the game... We still have a chance!!
Posted by: Euan Morrison

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/23/10 06:50 AM

I will start by saying fingers crossed for the USA. Really hope you guys get qualified to the next round.

Football / soccer has been needing video replay technology for a long time now, but the stubborn authorities refuse to use it. Even if each team only got 1 or 2 'challenges' per game I still think it would improve the sport and reduce the silly decisions which get made on the spot. The USA goal being disallowed, the sending-off for Kaka (the ref wasn't even looking so how could he make the call?!).

From a scottish point of view, here is one crazy decision which we had against us - we were close to qualifying for a major tournament (quite an achievement for us these days!), and Italy scored from a freekick in the final minute which never should have been given. Just how could the freekick have been awarded to Italy and not Scotland in this situation...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQVpYvP4toc
Posted by: Phlebas

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Euan Morrison

From a scottish point of view, here is one crazy decision which we had against us - we were close to qualifying for a major tournament (quite an achievement for us these days!), and Italy scored from a freekick in the final minute which never should have been given. Just how could the freekick have been awarded to Italy and not Scotland in this situation...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQVpYvP4toc

I remember streaming that match at home. It was a Euro. 2008 qualifier. I was thinking "did the ref not call a foul?" but then there was a free kick. Horrible call.

Anyway, we won't be seeing them anymore in this WC. I'm so sad wink .
Posted by: MiM

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 08:10 AM

Great learning tool! Having the sheet music displayed would make for a perfect site.
Posted by: tangleweeds

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 02:17 PM

Look at the tabs at the top of the page where there's a tab for "piano sheets". Waka Waka is there now (along with lots of other songs which I am too aged & un-hip to recognize!)

But having the dots scroll or something is the player piano did its thing would be cool.
Posted by: MacMacMac

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 02:32 PM

Here's the official sheet music for the World Cup.

Posted by: Euan Morrison

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 05:26 PM

MacMacMac, brilliant!
Posted by: Ejay

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 06:07 PM

Awww thats pure dead brilliant !!!
ta muchly !!
Posted by: MacMacMac

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 06:12 PM

I, too, think it's brilliant.
But don't thank me. That came from somewhere on the web. smile
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/26/10 08:50 PM

ROFL, Mac! laugh laugh

That *almost* makes up for the pain of the U.S. being eliminated today by Ghana. frown

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/27/10 08:54 PM

Very amusing indeed... Those Vuvuzelas should be banned....

Now that the U.S and England are both off im moving my support to the Japanese, the nicest team so far...

With regards to a sheet scroll within our player, we are working on that and on some other stuff and hopefully

we will manage to improve our website very soon, there is still a lot of job ahead of us but we are so happy that

u like what u see so far.

Cheers!
OnlinePianist
Posted by: priviaX

Re: Couldn't help it.... Piano Tribute to the World Cup! - 06/29/10 11:26 AM

LOL MacMacMac nice piece !