Piano World Home Page
Posted By: dadof5 Is Fundamental Keys website still active? - 01/12/11 06:03 PM
The last video to accompany the book was posted on April 2010 and the last news post seems to have been on August 2010. Does anybody know if this site is going to be actively maintained in the future (i.e. new videos)?
Did you try emailing Rachel Jimenez? (She's the author of the site and the book). Her email can be found in the "contact" page of the site. She posts here sometimes, her member name is Rachel J. You might consider sending her a PM through PW if you don't want to email her.

Good luck!
A long time ago, August I think, I posted up on the site, Rachel came back said she had just moved, and that she had recorded videos but they needed edited still. I got tired of waiting after awhile and started Alfred's All-In-One. Every once in awhile I check back just to see if there is activity but there hasen't been any.
I have her book and used to visit her site often until the activity stopped. I hope she's ok? It seems she put a lot of effort into her project. I wish her well. She is a spectacular pianist, judging by some her videos on her site.
Greetings!

I truly apologize for the long lapse. Various things happened to prevent me from working on the videos for a while. Just today, though, I set up the camera and a new microphone I just acquired, so I am ready to go.

I really appreciate the interest in my materials and expect to have more videos up soon. I'm also working on a post for the forum to let everyone know that I am now getting back to work.

I also would like to get back to being active here on the forum since it's a nice place to get input from other teachers and also feel like I can be helpful to others.

Best wishes to anyone reading this thread!
Back just to say that the first new video was posted today. Thanks again for the interest!
Posted By: Paul_S Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? - 01/24/11 03:42 AM
Glad to hear you are back! I finally got one of the videos on a piece I was having trouble with. I certainly love your book its my favorite for learning from. I look forward to many more of your videos!
Great, Paul S! Thank you!
Hi Rachel,
I'm in Gloucester UK, where could I get a copy of your book and is it downloadable anywhere please ?
Originally Posted by steveknight
where could I get a copy of your book and is it downloadable anywhere please ?
Have you not looked on the website? http://fundamentalkeys.com/book.html
From the Feb26 2014 Update, discussed in another thread:
Fundamental Keys Forum Post

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I posted any new content here on Fundamental Keys. Life got very busy and complicated for a while, but everything is great. Busy, but great.

First, I want to thank everyone who has purchased Fundamental Keys and the online videos. The attention it has gotten have been very encouraging.

The news is that I am hard at work on a new expanded edition of Fundamental Keys, and I am very excited about it. There will be more original content in the early parts, and more repertoire in the later parts. Lots of little tweaks and adjustments as well. The primary idea of the method remains. It will continue to be a *classical* method with no songs with lyrics, no cartoons, and minimal graphics in general.

For those who have been waiting for more videos with the patience of Job, I regret to say that at this point I have decided not to release any new content to go with the first edition of Fundamental Keys.

When the second edition comes out, my plan is to simultaneously release a complete video series. Right now I am in the process of finding someone to produce the videos for me. It is clear that I can't do the whole project on my own and follow through. What is great is that the new series will be professionally produced and be released all at once so there will be no waiting for me to get around to producing, editing, and publishing individual videos.

If you have used Fundamental Keys with or without the videos, I'd love to hear your feedback if you have any ideas about what additional content would be most helpful to you!

Thanks to all!
RachelJ Site Owner Posts: 137Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm
That leaves me in a bit if a dilemma. I was going to purchase the book to supplement my Alfred's all-in-one book (of which I've only completed about 60 pages so far). How long until the new version is out? Should I just take the plunge with the current version of the book rather than wait an indeterminate time for a newer version?
Posted By: dmd Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? - 04/01/14 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tiger22
That leaves me in a bit if a dilemma. I was going to purchase the book to supplement my Alfred's all-in-one book (of which I've only completed about 60 pages so far). How long until the new version is out? Should I just take the plunge with the current version of the book rather than wait an indeterminate time for a newer version?

That is something I would ask her (the owner of the website). I think you can contact her from within her site somewhere.
You may have to go into the forum and ask a question.

Posted By: pwl Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? - 04/02/14 01:02 AM
I recommend going ahead and purchasing the book. Everything in it is still valid. Whenever the replacement arrives it will be an expanded edition with "more original content in the early parts, and more repertoire in the later parts." I think you'll get real value from the current $24.99 purchase price - and I recommend the available videos, too.

I would love it if the expanded book were available tomorrow - but I recognize it will be an indeterminate amount of time before that happens. If I hadn't already purchased the original book, I'd make that purchase now. And even though I do have the original, I will be first in line for the expanded edition as soon as/whenever it becomes available. I think she's an extraordinary teacher.
Posted By: dmd Re: Is Fundamental Keys website still active? - 11/27/16 12:34 PM
Any body have any new information about this site ?

She appears to have stopped with the new Book 1 and videos.

© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums