Stephen Foster - Beautiful Dreamer, has anybody got it?

Posted by: TheodorN

Stephen Foster - Beautiful Dreamer, has anybody got it? - 11/09/12 08:02 PM

Hi PW members and other piano enthusiasts. Does anybody have or know about a good playable version of Stephen's Fosters Beautiful Dreamer?

The original composition is in Eb major, but I'd prefer it in C. Taylored for beginner to intermediate. If it's in the original Eb, and it's not too complicated, I'd like that as well, I can always transpose.

Thanks for reading and twice as many thanks if you have what I'm asking for.

PS If you'd rather PM me your BD sheet/MIDI than post it here, feel free to do so, makes no difference to me which route it goes.

Re: Stephen Foster - Beautiful Dreamer, has anybody got it? - 11/10/12 10:00 PM

Just making sure noone has this, before the thread disapperas from view.
Posted by: dire tonic

Re: Stephen Foster - Beautiful Dreamer, has anybody got it? - 11/11/12 05:03 AM

- how about this one from IMSLP:-

http://erato.uvt.nl/files/imglnks/usimg/...-variations.pdf

- or this, opening with the melody in the LH

http://conquest.imslp.info/files/imglnks...ful_Dreamer.pdf

Re: Stephen Foster - Beautiful Dreamer, has anybody got it? - 11/11/12 08:08 AM

Thank yoy, dire tonic, but these two seem quite advanced.
Posted by: dire tonic

Re: Stephen Foster - Beautiful Dreamer, has anybody got it? - 11/11/12 08:30 AM

Yes, the first one does get a bit tricky but the second one looks manageable if you take it slowly to begin with - forget the fluff at the beginning and start with the familiar melody (LH) at 'moderato'.

Also, as you hinted you might do, transposing into C prior to trying to play it could be a profitable exercise in itself.

good luck!

Re: Stephen Foster - Beautiful Dreamer, has anybody got it? - 11/11/12 02:27 PM

My strategy now consists of playing the melody (top notes combined with chords or chordal notes) according to the easier PDF-file and Wikifonia. Then I'll transcribe the corresponding chords, mostly as arpeggios in the bass. Some parts of the song need to be a pure waltz rhythm, DA, da, da - Da,da, da... Thanks for your help.