Students' recital around this time. Who else?

Posted by: albynism

Students' recital around this time. Who else? - 11/13/12 06:44 PM

Who else is partaking in student's recital around this time? Mine is this Sunday and I'm freaking out! I hope I'm not the only old man there. Maybe it would bring a slight relief knowing others in the same boat. Part of me is chickening out but it would be such a waste not to participate...
Posted by: Sam S

Re: Students' recital around this time. Who else? - 11/13/12 07:05 PM

Sunday at 3PM. And I am the only adult. The only student over 16 - way over, by 40+ years.

But it's not so bad. There will be cookies...

Sam
Posted by: raptor

Re: Students' recital around this time. Who else? - 11/14/12 03:23 AM

I'm doing a piano recital/meetup Thursday next week and my piano teacher asked me to bring my violin!?

So I'm gonna do a bit of violin playing while the other students accompany me with some chord accompaniment patterns.

I'll also need to try polish up a song or two so I can also play on the piano too. Currently I haven't got anything I can play comfortably as I got back from a long holiday and am currently trying to revive all the songs in my playlist that I suddenly forgot how to play.
Posted by: albynism

Re: Students' recital around this time. Who else? - 11/14/12 06:56 PM

Great! So I'm not alone after all. Just got a call that they need me at work tomorrow, bummer! I was planning to practice all day tomorrow guess I just have to cram it all in today. What piece(s) are you guys planning to play at the recital?