Hello again & some news

Posted by: neildradford

Hello again & some news - 12/08/12 07:35 PM

Hi Guys, haven't posted in the forums for a while, but now that life is a little less hectic I can visit the ABF a bit more often.

Anyway, since I last came here I have been taking weekly lessons (since January) and sat my ABRSM Grade 2 a couple of weeks ago. It all seemed to go horribly wrong and I completely expected to fail.
My teacher called me a couple of days ago to say I'd passed with merit! Did not expect that one bit, really pleased to say the least.

Anyway, that's my reintroduction and good news story, look forward to chatting with you all.

Neil.
Posted by: adultpianist

Re: Hello again & some news - 12/08/12 08:10 PM

Good news. I sat my Grade 3 exam a week ago. It went not as well as expected for a number of reasons and like you, I expect to fail... Here's hoping.
Posted by: neildradford

Re: Hello again & some news - 12/08/12 08:19 PM

Oh I'm sorry to hear that adultpianist, and yes, here's hoping its good news for you too.
Posted by: PaperClip

Re: Hello again & some news - 12/09/12 06:32 PM

Heh, congrats! I think the first year is the most difficult. Now you have more choice in music you can learn and it's more enjoyable to listen to. Have fun playing piano! It seems you have grabbed one of the most rewarding hobbies.
Posted by: Bluoh

Re: Hello again & some news - 12/10/12 08:35 PM

Awesome, that's great! Most people find the waiting around quite unsettling. smile
Posted by: Kymber

Re: Hello again & some news - 12/12/12 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: neildradford
Hi Guys, haven't posted in the forums for a while, but now that life is a little less hectic I can visit the ABF a bit more often.

Anyway, since I last came here I have been taking weekly lessons (since January) and sat my ABRSM Grade 2 a couple of weeks ago. It all seemed to go horribly wrong and I completely expected to fail.
My teacher called me a couple of days ago to say I'd passed with merit! Did not expect that one bit, really pleased to say the least.

Anyway, that's my reintroduction and good news story, look forward to chatting with you all.

Neil.

Excellent thumb