3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano

Posted by: Nutty

3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/30/12 06:42 PM

I can't believe how quickly time has flown - 3 years ago today my Hubby took me out to buy my Piano. The best present I've ever had. In these last three years I've learnt so much (I have a fab teacher) and I've passed grades 1,2 and 3. I'm still too scared of theory but just love to play piano. Just thought I'd share
Posted by: malkin

Re: 3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/30/12 07:45 PM

Happy Anniversary to you and your piano!
Posted by: SoundThumb

Re: 3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/30/12 08:21 PM

Isn't it strange how you can move a piano into your life and a couple years later wonder how you ever lived without it. Congratulations.
Posted by: Michael_99

Re: 3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/30/12 08:53 PM

When you go to a piano store there are dozens of pianos and dozens of grand pianos, and I think only once when I was in the store that someone, a customer, was playing a piano. When you go by a backery, the smell makes you want to go in and buy something. If someone was playing a piano, I am sure people would find it compelling to investigate.

I grew up in north Canada in a 200 sq ft trailer with 2 dogs, a bird, 1 cat, parents and a brother. I never wanted a pet because to leave the pet at home all day while I was working or socializing was not fair to the pet. My understanding and observation is that
people talk to their pets. Some even yell at their pets.

The piano is special because when I sit down on the piano bench and tickle the ivories, it speaks to me is a whisper because I love the intimacy of playing pp and having to stain my ears to hear my very quiet playing. I never feel alone with a piano.
Posted by: casinitaly

Re: 3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/31/12 05:44 AM

Happy piano anniversary! I remember the day we bought mine too. Hard to believe that something I had never done before 2009 has become so important to daily life.

Wishing you many more years of joy with your music!
Posted by: Nutty

Re: 3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/31/12 08:20 AM

Thank you for my Anniversay wishes. Now I can't imagin life with out it now - what did I do before? (More housework probably!)
Posted by: SwissMS

Re: 3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/31/12 11:11 AM

Happy piano anniversary! I have one coming up on the 6th! I bought my Avant Grand N2 on Jan 6, 2011. I am coming up on my two year anniversary of returning to piano. I cannot imagine life without piano now.
Posted by: jdw

Re: 3 Years Ago Today- we went out and bought my Piano - 12/31/12 11:11 AM

Now there's a good trade, housework for piano time! Glad it's giving you so much pleasure.