Newbie Learner saying hi.

Posted by: Brennain1

Newbie Learner saying hi. - 01/07/13 11:58 AM

Hi all, just thought i'd say hello.

I am 52yo and starting to self learn the piano using Alfred's. I was taking lessons in a class of about 7 school kids for about a year but, as i'm a shift worker and work a rotating pattern, found that I was missing classes and falling behind. Hence the reason to self learn and hopefully when I feel a touch more confident then I'll get in touch with a local teacher and have one on one lessons.

In the meantime I've already found this forum to be an invaluable source of information and so would like to thank one and all for contributing.
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: Newbie Learner saying hi. - 01/07/13 01:04 PM

Hi Brennain! Welcome to the forum! smile

What kind of music do you want most to learn and play?
Posted by: neildradford

Re: Newbie Learner saying hi. - 01/07/13 06:08 PM

Hey Brennain, nice to 'meet' you.

I'm a shift worker too. For me there is a benefit to this, it gives me free time at home to play piano when nobody is home, so it's disturbance free and I can't annoy anyone with my terrible playing haha.

I started off self teaching for a few months, but quickly realised I needed a teacher, not saying that's what you need too, and wish you luck with your self teaching.

Neil.
Posted by: BillTheSlink

Re: Newbie Learner saying hi. - 01/07/13 09:24 PM

Hello. I to am trying to teach myself and hoping to make it through the next 18 months until money is freed up so I can have a teacher. I don't want to be the next Mozart but if I can play Christmas carols for the family and some sing-along stuff by then I will be happy. We will see you.