Happy B'day to The King !!

Posted by: KeysAngler

Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/08/13 11:42 AM

Posted by: pianoslacker

Re: Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/08/13 06:15 PM

I loved Elvis when I was a little kid. Then one day when I was about 6 my older sister told me, "Oh we don't like Elvis any more, we like Bob Dylan." ('We' meaning her and her hippy friends.)

I was devastated, and in fact I don't think I've ever really gotten over that. grin

Happy Birthday, Elvis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_eE0NPArEY
Posted by: Bob Newbie

Re: Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/08/13 07:15 PM

I saw the Elvis in concert 1971& 73.. I had wanted to see Bobby Darin.. I said to myself
I'll catch him when he comes back next year..he died... then I had the opportunity to see
Mel Torme..how dumb am I? I did the same thing,he had a massive stroke..

The morale of the story:
if you are able to get to see an entertainment icon don't put it off...
do it, you just never know..
Posted by: Densi826

Re: Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/08/13 07:32 PM

An Elvis quote to go with it.

"I don't sound like nobody"
Posted by: landorrano

Re: Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/09/13 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Newbie
I saw the Elvis in concert 1971& 73.. I had wanted to see Bobby Darin.. I said to myself
I'll catch him when he comes back next year..he died... then I had the opportunity to see
Mel Torme..how dumb am I? I did the same thing,he had a massive stroke..

The morale of the story:

Morale of the story, if you're a fading star, before your concert check the fan list, if Bob Newbie is on it you can say your prayers !
Posted by: peterws

Re: Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/09/13 07:55 AM

"Little sister" was the flip to "his latest flame" I think. Great song! I loved his later material. I was looking through his history of record sales, and was, frankly, surprised by the number of songs that didn`t get to No 1. Or indeed, very high up the charts. He didn`t have it all his own way.
Posted by: Plowboy

Re: Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/09/13 10:22 AM

I thought this was going to be about Conway Twitty. The Real King.
Posted by: Densi826

Re: Happy B'day to The King !! - 01/09/13 04:18 PM

Did you Know

In Mogadishu, Somalia, it is illegal impersonating Elvis without a beard.

Elvis is the eighth most popular celebrity name for UK dogs.

Elvis was a big Monty Python fan. His favourite film was The Holy Grail. It was in his video recorder when he died

Elvis tried for years to buy the Steinway piano from RCA’s Studio B in Nashville, Tennessee, where he recorded many of his hits — but the record company refused.

His 1960 single It’s Now Or Never was heard in jail by a prisoner who was so affected by it he vowed to pursue a career in the music industry. It was Barry White who had been jailed for four months for stealing tyres.

A Florida judge called Elvis a “savage” because he said his music was undermining the youth.

In the eighth grade, Elvis received a “C” in music.

Elvis never learned to read music.

The first riot following an Elvis concert occurred in Jacksonville, FL, after Elvis finished a show by saying, “Girls, I’ll see you backstage.”