Thank you all....

Posted by: D7K

Thank you all.... - 01/11/13 12:18 PM

Just starting out and reading the current and old posts. It reminds me of the "standing on the shoulders of Giants" quote.

Thank you all for your willingness to share knowledge and experience.
Posted by: casinitaly

Re: Thank you all.... - 01/11/13 05:07 PM

What a nice idea - to send out a general thanks to every one who takes the time to reply to our questions!

It is really amazing the wealth of knowledge and support that is to be found in our community!

+1 to Jeff's appreciation!
Posted by: Brian Lucas

Re: Thank you all.... - 01/11/13 11:17 PM

Thanks for your thanks Jeff! smile

I like the P105. Sounds and feels great!

If you need something we haven't covered in what you've read, be sure to speak up.
Posted by: UK Paul UK

Re: Thank you all.... - 01/12/13 12:11 AM

Im constantly impressed by the effort people put it to helping each other on here.... :-)
Posted by: Temperament

Re: Thank you all.... - 01/12/13 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: D7K
It reminds me of the "standing on the shoulders of Giants" quote.

As a child I learned that this sentence by Newton showed how a great man can humble himself to this modest confession, and thereby not diminishing his own high moral authority.

But later I had to learn (in one of BBC science series) that his intention was actually far from it. He did make this remark not in one of his rare (or non-existent) moments of generosity but in his usual way of sarkasm against his rival scientist Rober Hook just to humiliate him: see Wikipedia article
Posted by: Temperament

Re: Thank you all.... - 01/12/13 08:21 AM

Newton would probably mingled in among helpful posters here...
Posted by: torquenale

Re: Thank you all.... - 01/12/13 11:22 AM

thumb

Jeff, I totally agree.
Even if I don't have (yet?) much to contribute, I enjoyed reading the old posts e I found answers to a lot of basic questions.

Thank you everybody!