Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines

Posted by: Johan B

Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines - 01/12/13 03:24 PM

Hi there,

Do you want to play nice sonatines? A little bit Haydn style? Very interesting musical period, the transitionperiod from Baroque to Classicism.

Benda is a little bit unknown but worthy to play. Nice music and not too difficult......Read here his bio Bio Georg Anton Benda

34 Sonatines / Benda

16 Sonatines / Benda

Have fun playing this music, best regards,

Johan B
Posted by: cjsm

Re: Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines - 01/13/13 08:48 PM

I've played Benda's 16th and 24th sonatina's, which are excellent pieces which I would recommend to anybody. (I've also played the 17th, which I found weaker.) Benda is a great composer who is hugely under-appreciated today. I am planning on playing through these books in the near future to look for more Benda gems.
Posted by: BenPiano

Re: Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines - 01/14/13 12:07 AM

I delved into one about 2 years ago, if anyone is interested. It was really fun to learn - at first. I could never really fully grasp it, but I'm glad I learned it along the way:

(#3 in A minor)

Posted by: cjsm

Re: Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines - 01/27/13 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BenPiano
I delved into one about 2 years ago, if anyone is interested. It was really fun to learn
(#3 in A minor)

That's a nice piece BenPiano. I'm definitely going to learn that one.
Posted by: Cassiesmom

Re: Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines - 01/28/13 02:15 AM

Thanks for the post Johan... great to be introduced to a composer I'd not heard of before.

Ben-thanks for sharing the video.. sounded great... looks fun to play and what a nice little tune.

Will now look up more Benda pieces on youtube

Regards,
c
Posted by: bluebilly

Re: Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines - 01/28/13 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: BenPiano
I delved into one about 2 years ago, if anyone is interested. It was really fun to learn - at first. I could never really fully grasp it, but I'm glad I learned it along the way:

(#3 in A minor)

A nice piece, well played. Are you playing the Sonatine III in A minor from page #4, 34 Sonatines, in the IMSLP .pdf, or another source for the sheet music? Thanks.
Posted by: BenPiano

Re: Georg Anton Benda........nice Sonatines - 01/28/13 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: bluebilly
Are you playing the Sonatine III in A minor from page #4, 34 Sonatines, in the IMSLP .pdf, or another source for the sheet music? Thanks.

Yep, that's the one.