Mount Moriah - The Letting Go

Posted by: Roger Ransom

Mount Moriah - The Letting Go - 01/25/13 07:34 PM

There is a beautiful song behind one of the Subaru commercials that I would love to play. I finally found out that it's - Mount Moriah - The Letting Go.

Here is one version, there are several - The Letting Go

Is anyone aware of any kind of sheet music or lead sheet for it?

It would probably take me weeks to transcribe it if I could do it at all.

Anyone?
Posted by: Mr Super-Hunky

Re: Mount Moriah - The Letting Go - 01/25/13 07:50 PM

Roger I just listened to this tune and yes, it is very nice song. I could probably figure this piece out by ear but you must listen to all the melodies being played to do it since you need to replicate the piano, voice and guitar melodies being played/sang all at once.

If you're looking for 'just' the piano part, it will be an extremely simple one finger score unless someone has re-written the score for piano. It can certainly be done.
Posted by: neildradford

Re: Mount Moriah - The Letting Go - 01/25/13 07:59 PM

Had a quick search but couldn't find anything.
Lovely song, sorry I couldn't help.

Neil.
Posted by: Greener

Re: Mount Moriah - The Letting Go - 01/25/13 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Roger Ransom
There is a beautiful song behind one of the Subaru commercials that I would love to play.
Is anyone aware of any kind of sheet music or lead sheet for it?

I was not able to find any type of sheet music, lead sheet or tutorial freely available on the world wide web. This was on the debut album just released in October of 2012, so it is likely under copyright.

Below is the website. There is an inquiries tab on the home page. Why not write to them and tell them there is a bunch of folks over here at PW that would be interested in it? Who knows, that might even respond.

The sheet music should also be available for sale. So, they may just direct you accordingly.

Mount Moriah Band Camp

I agree, it is a great tune. It reminded me right away of Nora Jones who I also really like. Please keep posted if you find it.

Good luck
Posted by: Roger Ransom

Re: Mount Moriah - The Letting Go - 01/26/13 08:54 AM

OK, I'll contact them and see what happens.

Also Mr. SH has convinced me to have a try at transcribing. I'm retired so time is no big deal.

If I can come up with anything useful I'll post it.

Thanks for trying.