Helene Grimaund

Posted by: adultpianist

Helene Grimaund - 01/26/13 10:56 PM

She is playing in the UK in April. I adore her talent. I am looking to go but its two hours from me so not sure.
Posted by: drazh

Re: Helene Grimaund - 01/27/13 05:59 AM

only 2 hours?

Re: Helene Grimaund - 01/27/13 01:38 PM

yeah and 45 minutes from my home to the train station. I dont drive so will go by train. It is from 7.30 to 9.30pm (concerts are usually 2 hours long) and then the journey home. It will mean I will be home around 12.30am but it will be so worth it to see/hear Helene play live. It may be the only chance as she may not play again in UK for a long time and there is no published schedule beyond April so I do not know if she is coming back to the UK or London later in the year.
Posted by: Bobpickle

Re: Helene Grimaund - 01/27/13 09:19 PM

Sounds like an opportunity you shouldn't miss! What's one evening to be able to see one of the most renowned living pianists?

Re: Helene Grimaund - 01/28/13 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: adultpianist
yeah and 45 minutes from my home to the train station. I dont drive so will go by train. It is from 7.30 to 9.30pm (concerts are usually 2 hours long) and then the journey home. It will mean I will be home around 12.30am but it will be so worth it to see/hear Helene play live. It may be the only chance as she may not play again in UK for a long time and there is no published schedule beyond April so I do not know if she is coming back to the UK or London later in the year.

yes you are right. Sadly I will have to go on my own because I do not know anyone else who is a Helene Grimaud fan and even if they were, I doubt they would like her enough to travel that sort of distance to one of her concerts.

I must be insane... but you only live once and opportunities like this should not be overlooked.
Posted by: AimeeO

Re: Helene Grimaund - 01/28/13 04:49 PM

Oh, go for it!
You never know when someone will stop performing. There are some concerts I really regret missing, because I thought there would be a next time, and there wasn't. If her performances mean enough to you, it will not be time wasted! It can even be more fun when you travel a long distance.

If it makes you feel less crazy, I once flew across the country to see a punk show. grin I knew they would never make it over to this area, so we went to them. It was the best time!

Re: Helene Grimaund - 01/29/13 09:23 AM

laugh

Re: Helene Grimaund - 02/09/13 07:19 PM

I have just bought my ticket to see Helene Grimaud and in front row as well.
Posted by: davefrank

Re: Helene Grimaund - 02/10/13 12:24 AM

you guys are lucky, have a great time. I once flew from NYC to Chicago alone to hear Keith Jarrett play solo and had a great weekend..

Dave Frank
Posted by: AimeeO

Re: Helene Grimaund - 02/13/13 01:26 AM

I'm glad you decided to go, adultpianist. Have a great time!

Re: Helene Grimaund - 03/02/13 06:22 AM

Thank you and yes I am looking forward
Posted by: Nikolas

Re: Helene Grimaund - 03/02/13 06:31 AM

Cool!

Enjoy yourself. And in the train while commuting grab you ipad/ipod/iphone/hopefully some normal mp3 player and play your lovely music while not bothering anyone.

Read a book, or write something... I've actually composed while in train (silly enough, but it came out a very nice short work!). So you never know...
Posted by: Euan Morrison

Re: Helene Grimaund - 03/02/13 08:20 AM

You won't regret it!

A few years back I went to see Evgeny Kissin play in Birmingham. There was a problem with trains on the way home, and I found myself walking alone up a dual carriageway in the dark, in Coventry. Was very worried for my safety, but luckily a taxi drove past, and I got back to Leamington.
But getting the chance to see Evgeny play was absolutely worth it!

Re: Helene Grimaund - 04/13/13 11:55 PM

Went last night and Helene was very good. She is coming back over in October and I am tempted to go again
Posted by: Dwscamel

Re: Helene Grimaund - 04/13/13 11:58 PM

I would go without thinking twice. I'm glad you went and had a great time! That's what loving the piano is all about!
Posted by: malkin

Re: Helene Grimaund - 04/15/13 08:56 AM

Good for you!