Nocturne in A minor

Posted by: mpmusic

Nocturne in A minor - 02/08/13 03:08 PM

Hello,

I just want to share my new work for piano! smile

I know the beginning of section B (1:25) is a little beyond my piano technique level but... I gave my best...

Suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome as always! smile

Thank you,
Miguel
Posted by: 4evrBeginR

Re: Nocturne in A minor - 02/08/13 03:31 PM

Awesome composition! Nice and calm, beautiful. You are on your way to becoming the next David Lanz. My only reaction is that it would be even better if you had a contrasting 2nd theme in the middle sort of as a development section after the introduction of the first theme and reprise at the end. The development at 1:30 is cool, too, so maybe after that throw in a 2nd theme. Anyway, great job! Please share more of your work.

Re: Nocturne in A minor - 02/08/13 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 4evrBeginR
Awesome composition! Nice and calm, beautiful. You are on your way to becoming the next David Lanz. My only reaction is that it would be even better if you had a contrasting 2nd theme in the middle sort of as a development section after the introduction of the first theme and reprise at the end. The development at 1:30 is cool, too, so maybe after that throw in a 2nd theme. Anyway, great job! Please share more of your work.

Thank you! I didn't know David Lanz I will search something of him. And thank you for the suggestion, I will take it in consideration in my next composition. All my work (except my first piano etudes) are in my youtube channel.
Posted by: CHAS

Re: Nocturne in A minor - 02/08/13 04:09 PM

I hear a resemblance to Lanz plus more spark.
Posted by: ju5t1n-h

Re: Nocturne in A minor - 02/08/13 08:38 PM

Love it! congratulations!

Re: Nocturne in A minor - 02/09/13 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: CHAS
I hear a resemblance to Lanz plus more spark.

A resemblance to Lanz in general or a specific music of him?

Originally Posted By: ju5t1n-h
Love it! congratulations!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.