Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 01:53 PM

http://chopinrecital.org

Posted by: gmm1

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:00 PM

Sticky, please... then delete this post. Thanks
Posted by: gerg

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:05 PM

Sticky has been requested. However, one mod is in Japan, and the other is (hopefully!) recovering from a life-threatening injury, so I don't know how long it will take the request to go through...
Posted by: Rosanna

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:24 PM

Great website, very impressive, Gerg!

The line for Hershey88's prelude is not a hyperlink for me. It just shows up as plain text - don't know if others have that same problem?

btw, should praises and comments be posted in this thread, or the other "countdown" thread?
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:28 PM

What a tremendous accomplishment! You all should be very proud. \:\)
Posted by: Theowne

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:30 PM

I only listened to the No.11 so far, but Ragnhild, that was really, really good.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:33 PM

It is the wonderful folks in ABF that deserve the credit, not me. Most of all, it is the composer himself, whose music has moved and inspired so many,

Kathleen is the one who really drives the passion for Chopin's music. Her enthusiasm is infectious.

I see no reason, if you want to comment, that we cannot do it here, since the recital is hosted elsewhere and comments won't clutter it.

I'll be starting another discussion thread because I am very, very interested to hear about everyone else's experience learning these pieces. Will wait a bit though, to give everyone a chance to listen to the whole thing.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:41 PM

I think you should also post in the Pianist Corner. This is too big of an accomplishment to keep within one forum.
Posted by: LaValse

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:42 PM

I've just listened to them all; wow, what a great achievement and what a fantastic tribute to Chopin.

Bravo \:\)
Posted by: kathyk

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:51 PM

Bravo! Brava! Bravi! This is really incredible. Good work all of you!

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Theowne:
I think you should also post in the Pianist Corner. This is too big of an accomplishment to keep within one forum. [/b]
Go for it! Personally, I would like critical input for my own pieces from them, but for now we're all just going to rest in the joy of this achievement. Analyis can come later...

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 04:06 PM

There is someone who deserves special mention and a great big "thank you" in inspiring this recital:

C C Chang (CCC on PianoWorld). He's very busy finalizing publication of his book, "Fundamentals of Piano Practice." He will be announcing its publication here on PianoWorld very soon.

He breaks down the seemingly impossible (i.e. Adult "beginners" playing Chopin) into the possible and accessible. Without his book, I do not believe I would have had the confidence to suggest we could pull this off.

BookSurge is the publisher. I would highly recommend a copy of the book once it is published.
Posted by: LisztAddict

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 04:15 PM

Beginners? Come on now, quit pulling my legs. \:D
Posted by: BB Player

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gerg:
Sticky has been requested. However, one mod is in Japan, and the other is (hopefully!) recovering from a life-threatening injury, so I don't know how long it will take the request to go through... [/b]
Done. Note that I didn't get a request to make it sticky so if one was sent to both ShiroKuro and myself, at least I didn't get it.

Now, on to listening to the recital!

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 04:24 PM

Greg, thank you so much!!!!

I did not send you one because I did not know how available you were given that you need your rest.

Enjoy the recital!
Posted by: BB Player

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gerg:
Greg, thank you so much!!!!

I did not send you one because I did not know how available you were given that you need your rest.[/b]
Well, in between sleeping 18 hours/day, various treatments, visits to the doctor, consuming enough narcotics to make "Valley of the Dolls" look like a kids party and a very little bit of playing the piano, I've nothing but time on my hands \:D
Posted by: TThomas

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 04:44 PM

I just listened to all of these (except hershey88, as there was no link??). I know you all must be so proud. Your work (I can't begin to imagine how much you all put in!) is most impressive! And what a pretty website, by the way! Congrats, all! \:\)

Tina

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 04:50 PM

Greg, that's harsh! At least you are getting the rest. I can only imagine the discomfort of the injury itself, of staying in bed so long. The human body is a miraculous contraption though - you'll be out before you know it.

Tina, I am hoping you will participate one of these days! Don't ever say "I'm not good enough"! Have you seen the Mazurka Marathon thread?
Posted by: LaValse

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 05:16 PM

There you all sit, peers of artists like Koji, Julius Katchen and Ashkenazy \:\)

http://www.sailwave.com/music/abf.jpg

And Brahms too!

Bravo \:\)
Posted by: playadom

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 05:23 PM

Nice!

If Brahms is playing the piano with his 1800's recording techniques, I know my recording HAS to sound good \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: Peyton

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 05:36 PM

Nice going Greg. I had no idea we were getting our own web site!

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 05:37 PM

Just listened to all, except Hershey88's, which has no link, and Nancy's Op28-15, which got me an Internet Explorer error - didn't open. It's a wma file.

Kudos to all the wonderful pianists. I think we are stretching to call this an adult "beginners" forum.

I haven't heard most of these pieces before so it's a great musical education as well as great enjoyment to listen to. I really love no. 24. (I don't mean to belittle anyone's accomplishment. I mean the composition just stands out for me.)

Thank you very much again gerg and Kathleen.

C7, Glad to see that you seem to be in good spirits - I am sure that itself will speed up the healing. Sending good vibes your way, one more time. You've got lots of good vibes from the preludes!

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 05:43 PM

Please keep checking back for Hershey's recording. He is a very, very special individual, and it will be worth your while...

I agree with you about the firey passion #24. LisztAddict did it justice, and it shares with #15 the distinction of Chopin's best-known prelude, though #4, #6, and #7 are also well-known.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LaValse:
There you all sit, peers of artists like Koji, Julius Katchen and Ashkenazy \:\)

http://www.sailwave.com/music/abf.jpg

And Brahms too!

Bravo \:\) [/b]
Glad to see someone taking advantage of the labeling effort. It was a lot of work!

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 06:03 PM

btw gerg, I did notice the files are all systematically labelled, and the site is very well laid out, the graphics, the colors - the way the link color matches the border colors. Yes I noticed those details! Very good looking page indeed. The great music derserves a great presentation site and you provided that.

Edit: AND the invitation "flyer" at the top of this thread matches the site too. This is like a whole wedding package, all coordinated and pretty. (It takes a woman to see it this way \:\) )
Posted by: jotur

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 06:04 PM

Well, that kept me at work until the end today! What a great recital. I didn't know any of the pieces, but it was a delight to listen to them all, and to all the different styles in pianos, much less playing.

And the invitation and the web site made me feel like I was in a grand concert hall with ornate railings and patterned carpets, and ladies with long gloves and fans \:\)

Congratulations to all - what a triumph.

Cathy

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 06:07 PM

Ramona gets credit for the site design! She did a marvelous job, and she did it all in ONE DAY, can you believe it?

Ramona did the initial layout of the invite, and Peyton, who is a professional artist, improved it.
Posted by: TThomas

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gerg:Tina, I am hoping you will participate one of these days! Don't ever say "I'm not good enough"! Have you seen the Mazurka Marathon thread?
Yes, I hope so too and thanks very much for your encouraging spirit \:\) Yes, I have indeed seen the Mazurka thread. Read every page the other day and daydreamed just a bit! I don't think even the simplest Chopin work is within my ability yet (but I don't KNOW that because I don't know what piece that would be!) but I will get there!

Tina
Posted by: SAnnM AB-2001

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 07:25 PM

This was an amazing accomplishment. I've listened to them all and know now why I didn't join in! Beginners? Ha! These are all wonderful and most sound like they are played by advanced players! Awesome! I've played a couple of these before(not as well however). Kathleen your playing certainly shows your passion for Chopin! You sound very professional! And the site is Great! Kudos to Gerg and Ramona!
Posted by: Kawaigirl1

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/17/07 11:19 PM

Bravo to everyone!

These are marvelous recordings and Gerg you did a marvelous job in putting this recital together \:\)

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 12:53 AM

KG, everyone deserves the credit! And we missed you! Ramona designed and built the page - I just uploaded it.

For anyone accessing the site -- it looks as though we've come through the DNS crossover period and the site is now:

not

http://www.chopinrecital.org

The original link at the top the thread has been updated to reflect this.
Posted by: Opus_Maximus

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 01:21 AM

I saw Hershey Felder's play a few months ago....it was amazing...

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 01:38 AM

Check back here for his recording of Op. 45. It is hoped that he will find the time to record something for our little group. However, at this very moment he is performing live before an audience.

He is something of a living legend, a reincarnation of some of the greats.
Posted by: mahlzeit

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 04:15 AM

Hey this is awesome!

Is it possible that you put a player on the site so people won't have to download everything? (I use http://musicplayer.sf.net/ on my site and it works great.) Just a suggestion... \:\)
Posted by: Chardonnay

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 06:57 AM

Congratulations to all of you for your amazing accomplishments! !
I just finished listening to all of them and I am so impressed! The webpage is gorgeous, and the invitation was such a special touch as well (I take it that purple/violet was Chopin's favorite color? Good choice!). What a special and loving tribute to Chopin- I can imagine he is out there somewhere, smiling and happy that he has inspired all of you to play so beautifully.

I intend to listen again, next time with the scores in front of me because I want to see how you have all made the scores come to life. And while I don't wish to really single anyone out, I must compliment Kathleen at this point for her beautiful playing of #17: Kathleen, your playing is gorgeous and heartfelt! This prelude is one of the few that I'm familiar with, and you did as good a job as I've heard on any professional recording. You are often hard on yourself and really shouldn't be- Great job!

I believe you have started something here! \:\)
Posted by: rustyfingers

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 05:02 PM

Loved it! Thanks for an enjoyable morning. You all are an absolute inspiration!
Posted by: Crazy_Mom

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 06:54 PM

Oh Wow! This is just superb! And I agree Adult beginners who? Y'all sound a lot more than that to me!

Great Job everyone!

I also love the layout of the web page, how nicely organized and pretty everything is looking. Kuddos to you Gerg!

PS I couldn't listen to Hershey88's playing either.
Posted by: pianoluvr

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 09:17 PM

Congratulations! All the pieces were absolutely amazing and played with such heartfelt devotion and dedication. Chopin would be proud!
You guys are an inspiration to all those of us who truly are at the "beginner" level.

Oh, and the mere idea of doing a recital like this was great. It must have been so motivating to know you were doing it for this group project, so to speak. I'm thinking something like this should be more regular. \:D

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 09:23 PM

There is no "you guys" here. Anyone is welcomed to join! The only rule we've had is one performer per piece and that's just to avoid comparisons.

Next up is Mazurkas - see the Mazurka Marathon thread.

All, sorry about Hershey88 - the link was deactivated because we never got the recording. No one knows what happened there, hopefully he will turn up soon but he is quite busy!

(and thanks for the kind comments all! Again you are all welcomed to join us in the future! )
Posted by: Colin Dunn

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 10:50 PM

Gerg said:

Quote:
Sticky has been requested. However, one mod is in Japan, and the other is (hopefully!) recovering from a life-threatening injury, so I don't know how long it will take the request to go through...
Who's the moderator who's suffered a life-threatening injury?

I'd guess ShiroKuro is the moderator in Japan ... but I didn't realize a regular on this forum was dealing with such a serious thing...

(Sorry about the off-topic post, but I hope and pray that the injured moderator makes a complete recovery...)

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/18/07 11:41 PM

C7-player is the other moderator (not too far south from Austin) had a very bad bicycle accident a week or so ago.
Posted by: RobertThePianist

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/19/07 06:28 PM

Wow excellent job! I was looking forward to this for a long time and now it's here. It's like getting a Chopin CD for free \:\)

Well done to all of you.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/19/07 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertThePianist:
It's like getting a Chopin CD for free \:\) [/b]
Not quite for free. You still have to pay for your blank CD and burn it yourself. \:D

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LisztAddict:
 Quote:
Originally posted by RobertThePianist:
It's like getting a Chopin CD for free \:\) [/b]
Not quite for free. You still have to pay for your blank CD and burn it yourself. \:D [/b]
That gives me an idea. Perhaps Kathleen should send out CDs with the iron-on transfer sheets.

That would be nice! And rather expensive...
Posted by: -Frycek

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 09:12 AM

You devil! ;\)
Posted by: loveschopintoomuch

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 10:37 AM

Would I ever love to send out CD's with the T-shirt transfers. It have taken me 3 days and I'm still just half-way through ripping and then I have to burn to a CD. But once that is done...I can just make copies. I'm serious. If people want a CD (and they are super cheap), I will be glad to send one along also.

Regards,
Kathleen

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 11:36 AM

The Chopin recital webpage will not open for me today (Sat AM); is anyone else having this problem?

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 11:40 AM

It just opened for me here in the mid-west at about 10:45 am.

Kathleen

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 11:52 AM

Still won't open for me \:\(

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 12:02 PM

Boy, I wonder why?

Greg...are you out there???

K

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 01:24 PM

It is working well out here.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 01:57 PM

working

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 02:46 PM

..Still not working here in New England! \:\(
It also doesn't work on my husband's PC, so it's not a Mac issue (thank goodness). Every other webpage loads just fine, so it's unique to the chopinrecital page and (apparently) unique to NE (or, ? MA.).
I'll keep trying, it will probably work later, but- just so I understand- can someone who is computer-knowledgeable out there explain to me why this is happening? It's quite frustrating, and having no idea why only compounds the feeling!
And please speak slowly... this is not my field ! \:D

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 02:49 PM

Try typing http://chopinrecital.org into this page:

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

and see if it works.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 03:26 PM

Theowne-
Thanks for your suggestion- Good news and bad news:
Good -I can get the webpage doing what you instructed, BUT
Bad -I cannot play the preludes! For most of them, I get this error message:
"The file you have uploaded or downloaded is too big!
Anonymouse isn't able to support such big files any longer!"

Some of the shorter preludes came on during my brief trial, but most will not.
At least it's a start in the right direction.. thanks again-

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 04:34 PM

Chardonnay: The message you got might mean something is different with your computer or your sever? When it read that it "isn't able to support such big files any longer," that has to be a clue that the problem is coming from your end. Can you call your server? Or did you do something different with your computer since the last time you went on the web site? Changed some settings, etc.?

Kathleen

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 07:34 PM

Kathleen, the error message is coming from the service that he used to access the site, that I provided to him (annymouse.org), not his computer.

It's an automatic proxy website, which means that it gives him a "fake" IP address. Usually this is done so that people in Canada or China can access sites that are normally blocked to Canadian citizens or Chinese citizens, and etc. So that's why Chardonnay was able to visit the site, but he can't download large files because they would have to go through the proxy website which costs them money.

In this case, it confirms that for some reason the website is not allowing access to Chardonnay's IP address. Basically it has banned users from the set of IP addresses (which should correspond to region) from some reason. Either that, or Chardonnay's internet service is banning the recitals website, or the websites hosted on that server.

I can't imagine why this would happen, maybe you it's time to phone your internet provider.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 10:04 PM

Theowne,
The website worked for me initially, right from the beginning, but for some reason will still not load for me here in central MA. Interestingly, earlier today I had to swing by the office (closer to Boston) and I took my computer to check- it worked there! But back home in central MA., it still won't load.

If this continues, I'll contact Verizon and Greg to see if this can be fixed somehow.

Sorry, don't wish to stray off-topic, but if I am having this problem- is it possible anyone else is also??

Quote:
Kathleen, the error message is coming from the service that he used to access the site, that I provided to him (annymouse.org), not his computer.
Er- not that it really matters- but I am a "she", not a "he" \:\)
(Do I talk like a man?) \:D

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 10:30 PM

I suspect the cause has to do with the same reason Kathleen's avatar won't load right now: A server is down somewhere in the network.

It is hosted through Gate.com. Since they are not in the office on weekends, there is not a lot I can do. I bought a product that should be able to handle the load easily. If their server is down, as appears to be the case, they need to fix it. Worst case it will be unavailable all weekend - and Kathleen and I should be re-imbursed (but probably won't be.)

Sorry for the inconvenience... \:\(

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/20/07 11:25 PM

http://chopinrecital.org/index.htm

Picture does not load, but this gets you to the site and (for me at least) allows access to the music. Some sort of DNS resolution issue.

It has been on again, off again the whole four days it's been live, first with www. vs. sans-www.

Once again, sorry about this. Maybe that's why they give their customers first month free \:D

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 10:01 AM

Quote:
ttp://chopinrecital.org/index.htm

Picture does not load, but this gets you to the site and (for me at least) allows access to the music. Some sort of DNS resolution issue.
No, still doesn't work here in Worcester, MA. (Verizon) The page doesn't even begin to load. The error messages from the Internet Explorer program indicate that the website doesn't exist.
Maybe tomorrow.
Sadly,
Ch.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 10:03 AM

Yeah, it does look like the server is blocking your ip address, especially if you were able to view the site using the proxy.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 11:36 AM

Hi Greg,
When you get a moment, please see the PM that I just sent you, thanks.
Ch.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 01:59 PM

When I try to access the site, I get nothing, no photo, just a timeout. However, I tried it through anonymouse and I was able to listen to several pieces.

Chardonnay, I have Verizon too, not sure if that makes any difference but it's an interesting observation.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 04:07 PM

That's exactly my experience, playadom!
I feel a little better, I guess, that someone else is having this problem!
But you were able to get it on the first couple of days, weren't you?

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 05:36 PM

Ch: I was able to get on for the first few days.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 07:03 PM

Still able to access it here.

K
Posted by: Piano Again

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 08:36 PM

Not working for me anymore.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/21/07 11:19 PM

Working just fine for me in SC.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/22/07 05:28 AM

It could be possible that you guys just have the page cached, and that it's not really working.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/22/07 07:21 AM

Quote:
It could be possible that you guys just have the page cached, and that it's not really working.
Playadom, in English, exactly what do you mean?! \:D Are you still having problems with access?
Piano again, are you a Verizon customer?
It seems this is becoming a more widespread problem

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/22/07 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chardonnay:
 Quote:
Playadom, in English, exactly what do you mean?! \:D Are you still having problems with access?
Piano again, are you a Verizon customer?
It seems this is becoming a more widespread problem [/b]
Chardonnay:
Most browsers store a 'travel record' of stuff you've seen, heard, or downloaded from the web. When you access the stuff again, some or all of it is already on your computer, making it much quicker to load.

Although this is obviously not the case for either of us...

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/22/07 11:03 AM

It's working again!!!!! \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)
It's as though an old friend has returned!

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/22/07 04:23 PM

It's working here too!
Posted by: lbphilly

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 10/26/07 10:59 AM

Gerg (I think) wrote:

Quote:

There is someone who deserves special mention and a great big "thank you" in inspiring this recital:

C C Chang (CCC on PianoWorld). He's very busy finalizing publication of his book, "Fundamentals of Piano Practice." He will be announcing its publication here on PianoWorld very soon.

He breaks down the seemingly impossible (i.e. Adult "beginners" playing Chopin) into the possible and accessible. Without his book, I do not believe I would have had the confidence to suggest we could pull this off.

BookSurge is the publisher. I would highly recommend a copy of the book once it is published.
This has been a wonderful thread to find just as I took delivery on the family piano (Wednesday). Coincidentally, I found that my stash of music contains a hard-bound volume, belonging to my great-grandmother, that contains the preludes and etudes. Inspired, I fumbled my way through Prelude #4, although it wasn't a pretty sight -- oops, I mean sound.

I'm a little perplexed by Gerg's message, though. Are parts of CCC's book on practicing already available? I'd love to get started.

EDIT: Never mind -- I found it in the FAQ for this section.
Posted by: AshwayGap

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 11/02/12 03:45 PM

"There is nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." Johann Sebastian Bach/Gyro

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order." Morecambe & Wise
Posted by: EdwardianPiano

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 11/03/12 01:38 PM

Quote:
"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order." Morecambe & Wise

LOL! That's me ha ha
Posted by: Peyton

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 11/03/12 02:49 PM

Wow, not sure how this popped up but I can't believe we did that back in 2007. Just doesn't seem that long ago. What a shame the web page is long gone. I'd love to listen to some of those again.

Re: Presenting Frederic Chopin's Preludes: A Recital - 11/03/12 03:03 PM

Wow. Dracula has risen from the grave. Anybody got a stake?