Merry Christmas and Happy 2009

Posted by: musdan

Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 - 12/20/08 11:11 PM

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", the North East is being hit with snow, and New Yorkers are slipping around.

I wish all of you and your families a very Merry christmas, Happy Holidays and a healthy happy 2009.

Thanks for all your encouraging help, it's good to have fellow travelers - you've kept me at the "ole eighty-eight". \:\)
Posted by: Ivory Dreams

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 - 12/21/08 09:13 AM

Merry Christmas Musdan, and to all who come after. We see your winter storm on the television. It seems the entire US (except the deep south) will enjoy a white Christmas.

Our temps were at 70 degrees yesterday (I wore shorts around the house) and we have had rain and more rain. By tonight the rain will stop and the temperatures will plunge into the mid teens but the rain will have stopped.

CRUD! No White Christmas for us.

Enjoy your White Christmas. I suppose we will console ourselves with classic Christmas flicks (They always have snow... and electricity) oh, yes, and Christmas carols happily derived from the family ivories.

Merry Christmas to all.
Posted by: TX-Dennis

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 - 12/21/08 02:48 PM

A white Christmas (or white anything else, for that matter) is rare but not unheard of here. We had a white Thanksgiving last year. Now, that is truly unusual. I think last winter was the second coldest ever on record for this area. Current forecast has Christmas day at 62 degrees. A bit on the cool side, but certainly not white. Today, though, is truly cold with a forecast high of 38 and current temp of 36. I'm shivering just thinking about it. Yeah, I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather. \:D

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a . . . well, not goodnight; at least not yet. ;\)
Posted by: Kymber

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 - 12/22/08 10:43 AM

Ahhh. It's a lovely 19 degrees today here in Cambridge Mass. We have a guide that indicates the actual temperature and the what it feels like temperature. Today it says "19°F Feels Like 2°F"

Friday we got about 7" of snow. It snowed over the weekend as well but I didn't see what the final totals were.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Posted by: musdan

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 - 12/22/08 12:03 PM

In January my nephew will be moving to Virginia from Dallas where it's a lot warmer.

Wait till he gets to the North East and this cold weather - be interesting.

Today the sun is out but it's brrrrrrrrrrr outside.

We'll have some egg nog to warm us up for Christmas. Enjoy