Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video!

Posted by: ll

Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/20/08 02:05 AM

I found this very amusing--and now I'm tempted to bump up from an upright to a floor model ;\)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Yi6ITZtHg
Posted by: Ivory Dreams

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/20/08 09:01 AM

No floor models for me. That looks like work!

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/20/08 07:01 PM

Playing the piano isn't "work"...?

That's news to me
Posted by: TX-Dennis

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/20/08 09:09 PM

A great way to stay in shape (or try to get back there \:D ). Price is a bit steep, however.
Posted by: playadom

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/20/08 09:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IbjjszxkQg&feature=related

Step it up with some Mozart!
Posted by: jotur

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/20/08 09:16 PM

Given that my "natural" talent is dancing, not piano playing, I think I missed my calling. Thanks for the link!

Cathy

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/21/08 12:36 AM

$250 is the cost of some low-grade, non-weighted keyboards...

I'd rather have a floor model, TX-Dennis \:\)

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/21/08 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ll:
$250 is the cost of some low-grade, non-weighted keyboards...

I'd rather have a floor model, TX-Dennis \:\) [/b]
I may have misunderstood the price; I thought he said it was 250 thousand[/b]. I'm listening again now to double check. YUP, HE DID SAY THOUSAND. \:D

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/21/08 11:36 PM

He didn't say thousand. He said $15,000. Then he said $250 without mentioning the thousand.

I guess I was just too optimistic to notice the inflation comment :'(

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/22/08 01:58 AM

Exactly, the thousand was implied based upon the inflation comment.

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/22/08 04:09 AM

Exactly. That's when I thought "jerks!"

\:\)
Posted by: Ivory Dreams

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/22/08 07:03 PM

Wow! It is just as well..... I have too many miles on this body to give this floor keyboard a home. A two hour practice session on that............And I'd be in the bed for a week.
;\)
Posted by: bitWrangler

Re: Thought a degree in piano can't get you a job? Think again after this video! - 12/22/08 07:16 PM

Yeah but I bet it's action has Chinese parts. I'll wait for the version with a Renner myself.