Anyone from Japan? I Found a Japanese piano movie I want to purchase

Posted by: totallyclassics

Anyone from Japan? I Found a Japanese piano movie I want to purchase - 06/20/08 12:22 AM

I just watched a movie last night, and I absolutely loved it......I found a trailer for it on You Tube, and googled it, so I could buy the DVD....I was able to find the movie online, for FREE, but I want to PURCHASE the DVD.

The name of the movie is Shindo. I can find it listed with Amazon, but for some reason, it costs $63.00. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to get it cheaper?

Wondering if I can purchase from an individual from Japan?

The link to the movie, if you are interested it here.....It's a GREAT piano movie.....But, I want the DVD!

http://www.mysoju.com/shindo/
Posted by: Akira

Re: Anyone from Japan? I Found a Japanese piano movie I want to purchase - 06/20/08 12:57 AM

No subtitles, though. Do you understand Japanese?

http://www.jpdorama.com/JapaneseMovie/drama/Shindo.asp
Posted by: alleon

Re: Anyone from Japan? I Found a Japanese piano movie I want to purchase - 06/20/08 03:19 AM

go to crunchyroll.com

the whole movie is upload with english subtitle

i find the movie a little boring, so watch with caution
Posted by: totallyclassics

Re: Anyone from Japan? I Found a Japanese piano movie I want to purchase - 06/20/08 05:27 AM

Thanks Akira, I don't understand Japanese! I wish I did. We hosted Japanese students 2 years in a row, so we knew some basics, but I'm not even close to fluent! My piano teacher is from Japan, so she helped a lot! Thanks though.....

I did look at the site, and I found the dvd, and saw that it wasn't subtitled in Enlish, only Chinese. I wonder if that is standard for that movie, or for that company..I wish there was a way to find out. The cover looks different than the one I saw with the English subtitles at that website I went to..

Thanks so much for your help though. I will keep looking online! I will also ask my teacher. She is out of town now, but I did email her!

Thanks Alleon, I will look at Crunchyroll.com. I have seen the movie, and I liked it, ........ummm, I guess enough to where I want to purchase it! My favorite parts were #1 and #8...The website I viewed it on had it seperated into 8 parts....

Thanks bunches! Keep the ideas coming!