End of term review tonight

Posted by: Ragtime Clown

End of term review tonight - 01/06/09 05:30 PM

Tonight, I had my end of term review. It should have taken place before Christmas but I had flu.

My teacher went over some strengths and weaknesses in my playing and identified that I has a weaker left than right hand and that my playing lacked expression. On both these points I have to agree.

For the next 12 week term he has proposed that he will cut down on excercises by at least 50% and hopes to get through 8 new pieces to my repetoire.
Posted by: Kymber

Re: End of term review tonight - 01/07/09 03:41 PM

First of all - sorry you had the flu. Glad your feeling better.

I think your "weaknesses" are very common for beginners. I am doing the hannon exercises. Not everyone likes them but I found since doing them my hands including my weaker left hand have gained strength.

So... let's hear about those strengths. \:\)

Re: End of term review tonight - 01/08/09 06:33 AM

The positives of the review were the simple discussion we had about my direction.

One really annoying factor was that I really played poorly on pieces I had polished before Christmas. After the Christmas break I got rusty and this annoyed me - my reading needs brushed up!

Re: End of term review tonight - 01/08/09 11:09 AM

Oh I hate when that happens...

I guess what they say is true. It's better to play at least a little bit everyday. I need to do this myself. It's easy to slack off during the holidays though.

Re: End of term review tonight - 01/08/09 11:14 AM

Kymber, I didn't slacken off during the holiday and thats what I am annoyed about. Although I didn't continue playing my pieces I went on to other things and practices every day without fail!!

Re: End of term review tonight - 01/08/09 11:22 AM

Ohhh!! I see. Sorry.