Piano World Home Page
Posted By: zacster 2nd Lesson, so far so good - 01/15/08 09:49 PM
I went to my 2nd lesson last night, and so far the teacher is impressed. I only sat down at the piano and seriously looked to play about 2 months ago, with the Alfred book in front of me, and only got up to "Saints" before I had to stop to travel. She's impressed with my fingering, positioning and most of all that I can read the music. It all seems easy to me so far too, but I'm still doing the first exercises. I still get lost sometimes too, but overall I'm doing OK.

She also commented during the first lesson about adult learning. The biggest problem she has is that adults don't find time to practice. I now know exactly what she means. The only time I get to myself is late in the evening, but then the kids are in bed. Between work, kids, cooking, cycling, surfing the net, other hobbies (like beer making smile )etc. there isn't much time left.
Posted By: Betty Patnude Re: 2nd Lesson, so far so good - 01/15/08 10:13 PM
zacster,

There is enough time - use every 5 minutes you get a chance to play. It all accumulates to the good. You've heard of the "One Minute Manager"?

I will tell you that I get little bits of housework and chores done during tv commercials in the evening. It's my relaxation time, and I also read and catch up with letter writing, etc.

Good luck!

Betty
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums