Piano World Home Page
Posted By: apple* This is the best - the GOODest forum - 06/24/04 03:29 PM
I can't wait to see how it will develop.

I hope we become a unique community of people that share a special yearning, that share a desire to rise above the drudgery of worldly affairs and a love for the communication of passion and intellect and the soul expressed on the greatest invention in the world..

the piano...it's mastery the most challenging of pursuits.

I hope that the good pianists will peek in and offer advice... I hope it is unsullied by ill will... I hope other like minded souls will find their way here.
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 06/24/04 03:36 PM
I hope that the good pianists will peek in and offer advice... I hope it is unsullied by ill will... I hope other like minded souls will find their way here.
I hope so too, Apple. I wonder, though. In what ways will this place be different? For me, I had a lot of trouble following the discussions in the gifted room (love the nickname, Apple!). Especially when people there discuss repertoire -- I just am not familiar with the pieces based on Opus number or movement or what have you. It would be great if people included links to the music when they discuss a piece, but this isn't always possible.

But it has certainly been nice to know that I'm in such good company as an adult beginner. I've been the only such student in the studio since I started, and that ain't easy!

Cindy -- also hoping the real piano players will pop over from time to time
Posted By: jdsher Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 06/24/04 04:31 PM
Kudos to Cindy for creating the concept of the adult beginners forum, and to Frank for allowing us the space. I agree with Cindy that it is quite unnerving listening to those guys in the gifted and talented room. It's funny to think that those guys went through the stage we're at when they were 6 years old. :p
Jon
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 06/25/04 12:30 AM
Thanks, Jon, but I sure can't take credit for this! Lots of people mentioned how great it would be to have something for adult beginners.

I do wonder at times what it would be like to do what I'm attempting when I was nine. I can't decide if it would be easier (because kids' brains are still forming) or harder (because I wouldn't have the discipline to work hard, especially with someone else picking up the tab).
This IS the GOODest forum and we're all going to act like adults here smile and keep it it that way.

I think it will be partly an exchange of information and ideas, and part support group where we can come to whine about our struggles and celebrate our successes.

I'll be here often, but my teacher moved my lesson up from 2:45 to 10:15 for the summer...so I need to go practice!

Happy noodling,
pj
Posted By: jdsher Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/02/04 11:49 AM
I just had to revive this thread to say that we have passed the Piano Teachers Forum for total posts. We are no longer the smallest forum in terms of posts. Now we just need a few more topics to pass them on number of topics. Thanks to everyone who is making this forum great.
Jon
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/03/04 06:33 PM
Look out Coffee Room, here we come!
Posted By: BeeLady Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/03/04 06:38 PM
It's not about quantity, it's about quality! laugh
Posted By: RKVS1 Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/03/04 07:03 PM
I read Cindy's post (... Look out Coffee Room, here we come!... ) on the ActiveTopicsPage and was afraid we'd had a mad cat & dog fight in here somehow. laugh
Posted By: ChickGrand Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/11/04 06:57 PM
Yep. Between the kids playing in the Corner and the Trailer Trash mistaking the Coffee Room for a HoJo's truckstop, this is indeed the "goodest" forum.
Posted By: katie_dup1 Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/12/04 12:06 AM
Wow ...... I've been away for a while & my gosh, this place has gained momentum!

I lack talent ...... I ain't gifted ..... I was even rejected as a volunteer directing kidlets to their piano camp classes ..... but as a re-tread, I do practice & take lessons ..... and I'm trying really hard to understand MattG's topics ...... May I join too?
Posted By: ChickGrand Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/12/04 12:53 AM
Originally posted by katie:
I lack talent ...... I ain't gifted ..... I was even rejected as a volunteer directing kidlets to their piano camp classes ..... but as a re-tread, I do practice & take lessons ..... and I'm trying really hard to understand MattG's topics ...... May I join too?
You're two up on me. laugh (Sorry, Matt.)
Posted By: apple* Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/12/04 10:56 AM
Originally posted by katie:
Wow ...... I've been away for a while & my gosh, this place has gained momentum!

I don't understand Matt either Katie. I'm trying (well maybe not enough). Don't you have a little Estonia? I'm enjoying mine. It's a joy to get used to.
Posted By: katie_dup1 Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/12/04 01:03 PM
Apple,
I quite loved my little Estonia .... She could really sing!!! Sadly, I recently said goodbye to her frown . I now have a bigger German as a new boarder.
Posted By: apple* Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/12/04 01:19 PM
Bechstein? What who do you have?
Posted By: katie_dup1 Re: This is the best - the GOODest forum - 08/12/04 01:23 PM
Sauter 6'1" polished black (I really wanted the 2 tone black & burl walnut one though). I'm just getting to know him ....
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums