Message for the "Beginners" ...

Posted by: Axtremus

Message for the "Beginners" ... - 09/01/04 09:23 AM

Some members seem hessitent to submit a recording because they are "beginners."

See here's a proposal:

If it will make you feel more comfortable, let's make a "Beginner's Section" on the Compilation.

There will be a "Beginner's Section," and then there is everything else. \:\)

I don't want to get into the business of judging who is a "beginner" and who is not. So you have to specify in your submission that you want to be put in the "Beginner's Section" -- and you will be put there.

(For this Project, I see the "Beginner vs. Not" distinction as Drew Carey sees the points awarded to participants of his "Whose Line is It Anyway" show. ;\) )

Comments?

Now soliciting recordings from ALL members -- Yes, "Beginners" too![/b]

Please see:

Posted by: paulie567

Re: Message for the "Beginners" ... - 09/09/04 11:39 PM

Hi,

I don't want to make your job (or whoever else will be judging submissions) any more difficult than it already is, but I don't consider myself a beginner, but then again if I have to compete with the likes of Elena, Kreisler and many others, then I start to rethink my "beginner" status to say the least.

So what I'm wondering is, maybe the judges *should* decide who goes on the beginner CD and who goes on the "not a beginnner" CD and everyone has to live with the decision? Or maybe for people like me, I could just ask you to give me the best shot at getting on either CD regardless of category, whereas some other people might only want to be considered for one CD or the other?

Hope I'm not making this too complicated, these were just some thoughts I had...

BTW thanks a million to Ax & everyone else who's working on putting this together, it's going to be a blast!

-Paul
Posted by: Bob Muir

Re: Message for the "Beginners" ... - 09/11/04 01:44 PM

I don't claim to speak for Ax, but according to the Project Outline , all entries are accepted. There is no judging going on. I don't think there *should* be any judging going on either. Hurt feelings could easily ensue.

What Ax is proposing in this thread is that there be a folder on the CD for beginners and a folder for all the others. The entries in the beginner folder will be there at the request of the person submitting the piece.

For example, my submission of the first section of Fur Elise would qualify for "beginner" status, but only because I would ask for that status.
Posted by: gryphon

Re: Message for the "Beginners" ... - 09/11/04 01:56 PM