Bill Evans master class with Dave Frank now on Youtube

Posted by: davefrank

Bill Evans master class with Dave Frank now on Youtube - 10/27/10 07:02 PM

Hi friends, I'm happy to chord-ially invite you to enjoy my new free in-depth Bill Evans master class, located at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRpAShR9lQ

The class includes an analysis of Bill's solo classic A Time For Love, plus video recordings of Bill playing solo, and two new solo performances by yours truly. It took a team of 12 brain surgeons from UCLA medical center to put this together, I think you may enjoy it:)

Blessings and keep swingin

Dave Frank
NYC
Posted by: custard apple

Re: Bill Evans master class with Dave Frank now on Youtube - 10/28/10 04:31 AM

Dave
I'm so high after this. I'm going to learn A Time for Love in December after I learn Letter to Evan and Peri's Scope.
Thanks so much, we are very privileged.
I'm already looking forward to your Errol Garner masterclass in November.
Posted by: custard apple

Re: Bill Evans master class with Dave Frank now on Youtube - 10/28/10 04:46 AM

Hi everyone
You can't put a value on a resource like this, it’s worth like 7 000 000 practice sessions. I’m pretty sure you will save this in your favorites for repeated future reference.
If you are short of time, I highly recommend you prioritize this masterclass ahead of your practice session. This will affect the way you practise.

A high camera angle shows Dave’s hands from above, highlighting each point in the masterclass.

You will also enjoy Part 2 where Dave interprets a well-known standard in a radical way and also plays a beautiful surreal ballad.
Posted by: s_winitsky

Re: Bill Evans master class with Dave Frank now on Youtube - 10/28/10 09:40 AM

These are some excellent master classes Dave. Probably the best I have seen on youtube.

Originally Posted By: davefrank
Hi friends, I'm happy to chord-ially invite you to enjoy my new free in-depth Bill Evans master class, located at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRpAShR9lQ

The class includes an analysis of Bill's solo classic A Time For Love, plus video recordings of Bill playing solo, and two new solo performances by yours truly. It took a team of 12 brain surgeons from UCLA medical center to put this together, I think you may enjoy it:)

Blessings and keep swingin

Dave Frank
NYC
Posted by: davefrank

Re: Bill Evans master class with Dave Frank now on Youtube - 10/28/10 10:32 AM

Thank you, they are real hard and real fun to do. I just got a call - I've been nominated for a Huey!

DF
Posted by: Sir Lurksalot

Re: Bill Evans master class with Dave Frank now on Youtube - 10/29/10 08:35 AM

Watched the whole thing last night. Wow, what a great resource. Thank you.