Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!!

Posted by: Dfrankjazz

Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 06/28/13 02:28 PM

Congratulations to the GREATEST pianist of all time, the indescribable KEITH JARRETT, for being chosen a NEA Jazz Master of 2013!! He beat runner-up Ben Folds by 2 votes)
YAY Keith, he has changed the vibrations of this planet forever and elevated us to the highest of human achievements and the highest of conceivable heavens.

Keith's courage, determination, sense of musical and societal responsibility is off the charts. His contribution to world culture can't be estimated, he has raised human conscousness single-handedly to previously un-dreamed of levels. Keith Jarrett a jazz master, yeah like Einstein being chosen as The Good Science Guy of 1948.
Posted by: Jim Frazee

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 06/28/13 04:56 PM

I couldn't agree more. What puzzles me, though, is that Bill Evans and Oscar Peterson are not on the list of past winners, nor is Monk. But we do have Mose Allison, Annie Ross - things that make me go "Hmmmmmm".

Three (hundred) cheers for KJ! ! ! ! !
Posted by: BDB

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 06/28/13 07:32 PM

Bill Evans and Thelonius Monk died before the award was instituted. Oscar Peterson was Canadian.
Posted by: Dfrankjazz

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 06/28/13 07:53 PM

Damn good reasons.
Posted by: Jim Frazee

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 06/29/13 11:23 AM

BDB,

Thanks! Of course, that makes sense. I still think of Oscar as American, somehow, even though . . . sick
Posted by: BDB

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 06/29/13 12:01 PM

I have the book from 2004, when someone I tuned for won. Over the years, I have tuned for shows with a sizable percentage of the recipients. Four of them played together for Tony Williams' funeral.
Posted by: newest student

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 07/02/13 09:21 PM

Local boy does good!!!!
Posted by: Lost Woods

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 07/03/13 09:26 AM

Well, I just got a ticket for tomorrow night to see Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock & Jack DeJohnette laugh! Second time since I discovered jazz 2 years ago I'm going to a live jazz performance.. first time it is an international jazz trio.. and what a trio it is.. very excited.
Posted by: knotty

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 07/03/13 11:26 AM

Oh.. go with ears wide open. They are on fire.
Check out just how much they improvise. I am sure Keith picks what tune he's going to play just seconds before.
Posted by: rintincop

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 07/03/13 04:04 PM

I doubt Keith is reading this thread...
Posted by: Rollin shoulders

Re: Congratulations to Keith Jarrett NEA jazz master!! - 07/08/13 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: rintincop
I doubt Keith is reading this thread...

Or this website, he probably is practicing right now. Or getting "drunk on his self righteousness"