Movin' Out

Posted by: PianoBeast10489

Movin' Out - 01/03/05 07:29 PM

I just saw Billy Joel's "Movin' Out" yesterday at Chrystler Hall, and I have to say that it was one of the best performences I have ever seen!The music was phenominal, and the dancing was really nice too. I am a huge Billy Joel fan, and he is my favorite modern composer. I love playing his Fantasies, and Delusions. In the performance the man actually played the classical peices too! I just thought I should share my experience with all of you, and let you know that if you ever have a chance to go see it you should, especially if you are a big Billy Joel fan!
Posted by: squeaky88th

Re: Movin' Out - 01/05/05 10:26 AM

I saw it twice and loved it. Have gone on to see other shows choreographed by Twyla Thwarp (spelling?) and enjoyed those as well. Her choreography is amazing. Hmmmm, maybe I'll see it again.

In the Broadway version, when the pianist sings the last line of "NY State of Mind", he points to the ground, with a proud and acknowledging look.
Posted by: neciebuggs

Re: Movin' Out - 01/05/05 02:21 PM

OOOOH SHOOT I forgot about that!!!! I wanted to go see it... Darned holidays got in the way \:\(

I am soo glad you enjoyed it... I love BJoel... Since i was a kid... love playing his stuff!!