Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing?

Posted by: Jazz+

Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/05/09 07:28 PM

Very happy

Happy

Just slightly happy

Neutral

Slightly unhappy

Unhappy

Very unhappy
Posted by: BJones

Re: Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/05/09 09:46 PM

Generally, I'm euphoric over it. There have been occassions when after a solo, I've actually stopped playing, just to bask in the radiance of what I played, and on occassion have stopped playing altogether for the evening because I've felt that perfection could never be improved upon and there was, in essence, nothing left to play, my having just played it all.

I haven't been dissatisfied with anything I've played for decades and am at the point where if I can play for just 10 minutes a day during a cold snap, I can warm the entire house and save a bundle on heating bills!

If I had a twin, there wouldn't be two happier people on Earth about my soloing. smile
Posted by: etcetra

Re: Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/05/09 11:46 PM

A lot of that depends on who I am playing with.. It's frustrating playing with people who just doesn't listen when you play. It's especially difficult when I play my original music and people don't really 'get' the music. When you are playing with the right people and everyone is listening you feel like you can do anything, go anywhere with the music.

I remember playing one of my tune couple of years ago with my friends at school. I could barely play because of tendonitis, but it was one of the most musically rewarding experience.. everyone responded to dynamics and passing ideas to each other.. and I didn't have to ask, people just did it. It's magical when things like that happen.. it's hard to find people who really listen when you play.
Posted by: Rob O'D

Re: Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/06/09 04:36 AM

laugh ha Very good, BJones ... !!
Posted by: Bhav

Re: Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/07/09 04:43 AM

Im very happy with my Maple Leaf performance, but I need a lot more material before I can bask in as much glory as Bjones and his twin.

However, I dont just warm up my whole house when I play, I pwn the Piano so much that everytime I play, I cause global warning and polar melting.

I apologise in advance for the next flood I cause and any more dead walrus and penguins.
Posted by: AJF

Re: Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/08/09 12:55 AM

Very happy, except when I'm very unhappy smile
Posted by: BJones

Re: Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/08/09 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: AJF
Very happy, except when I'm very unhappy smile

You need a happy helmet:

and you'll love everything you play! smile
Posted by: MonksDream

Re: Poll: How happy are you with your jazz soloing? - 05/13/09 03:37 PM

I am happy enough with my jazz soloing to continue doing it on stage and unhappy enough to keep practicing off stage!