Plaisir d'Amour

Posted by: -Frycek

Plaisir d'Amour - 12/10/09 09:08 AM

I'm looking for a good, professional sounding piano only transcription of Plaisir d'amour by Martini. If you can recommend one, please let me know the name of the publisher, arranger etc. All current printings seem to be sold out or backordered indefinitely. If I know what to look for I may be able to find a vintage copy via bookfinder or ebay. Thanks!
Posted by: mikka942

Re: Plaisir d'Amour - 12/11/09 11:54 AM

If all else fails I'm sure I could work up an arrangement from the various recordings on YouTube - have already done the Presley version! If you let me know what grade you want it pitched at and whether you prefer the Janet Baker approach or that of Nina Mouskouri, I'll see what I can do.

Michael
Posted by: limavady

Re: Plaisir d'Amour - 12/12/09 01:30 AM

I see an edition at sheet music plus....editions durand is the publisher...says 3-5 days lead time to ship so not too bad if that's backorder. it is $7.95 so a little higher than most sheet music titles. Not sure this is the edition you're looking for but check it out...they even let you scope 3 pages of this one.
Posted by: Mark_C

Re: Plaisir d'Amour - 12/12/09 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: mikka942
....have already done the Presley version!....

Cool, Michael! -- my wife and I's "first dance" at our wedding. smile
Posted by: -Frycek

Re: Plaisir d'Amour - 12/12/09 06:18 AM

Thanks everybody!

mikka942 - thanks but that would be too much of an imposition - this is just a tune I can't get out of my head -not something I need for a wedding or anything though if you think about the original words -I don't think I'd recommnend it for a wedding anyway wink

limavady - the Durand edition is the one that's sold out (at every place I've tried - I've ordered and cancelled three places- there are rumors it's going out of print -all I can find on the net for free is either purely accompaniment or about grade 3.

There are some french editions "piano only" available through bookfinder. I may go with one of them. Only trouble is I can't "look inside."
Posted by: mikka942

Re: Plaisir d'Amour - 12/21/09 04:02 AM

Frycek
You said not to bother but rather like you I then couldn't get the damn tune out of my head! So I've done an arrangement - arpeggio style - and if you're still interested, can let you have it in MIDI and PDF formats. You can contact me at jazza942-michaelsmusic@yahoo.co.uk