Original piece

Posted by: origen

Original piece - 08/20/12 07:17 PM

Something I wrote last year, hope someone enjoys it, its simple nothing overly complicated
http://soundcloud.com/skarekrow-1/monsters
Posted by: Steve Chandler

Re: Original piece - 08/21/12 09:42 AM

Hi Origen,

Your piece is an interesting combination of dark and sensitive. It's also just a beginning. IMO you painted yourself into a corner by starting with just a chord progression. There is no real melody to this piece so it became a texture piece and that necessitated keeping the chord progression constant. As it is your piece is okay, but you could do a lot more with it. My usual advice to those who compose variations is to compose 4 or 5 then throw those out because they're usually the most obvious variations. After that you have to get creative, you're forced to go deeper and further in your variations. I said the combination of dark and sensitive was interesting and it is, but imagine that dark and sensitive was just the starting point; where would your emotions go next,... and after that? Have fun with it!
Posted by: origen

Re: Original piece - 08/21/12 10:40 AM

Thank you for your feedback, its highly regarded and appreciated, your certainly right, its something I started last year and then I moved on and never really took it anywhere, Im just not good enough to know where to go with it yet, I've got a few others that are in the same vein they are more like short movements than a whole piece, I wish I was better at knowing how to mix progressions.