My first Original Composition for Piano

Posted by: mpmusic

My first Original Composition for Piano - 09/11/12 06:19 AM

Hi, I'm new in this forum and I want to share this original composition:
http://youtu.be/7qV_dI-4gco

I know my technique is not very good, I begin to study piano more seriously only some months ago so I've a lot to learn.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
Miguel

Re: My first Original Composition for Piano - 09/14/12 02:50 PM

There is my second composition =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeO6mne2z34&feature=player_detailpage

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
Miguel

Re: Original Composition for Piano - 10/25/12 04:23 AM

Here I leave the link to my fifth piano composition smile

I know I have a lot to learn, I'm reading about music theory and composition in order to improve smile
Posted by: Foxes

Re: Original Composition for Piano - 10/27/12 10:58 PM

I just listened to your first.

How long have you been at this? It's good for what it is, good for beginning, clever - those sharps at the start were clever. Kinda Einaudi, I assume you know him, if not I assume you'd like em.

I advise you to not name this piece, since it's your first and you were probably just focusing on writing something that sounded good, it probably doesn't have a deep meaning, so why try to imbue it with meaning where there is none?

Some criticisms: it's too long for the amount of content there is to it, this is a three minute piece, tops, you're running the melody an ideas into the ground by the end.
When you change key (modulate) it got more interesting but it didn't really go anywhere, the start was my favourite part.

I liked the start the most because it didn't try any cheap fancy tricks, it was just "there". By "cheap fancy tricks" I mean repeating a melody up an octave, repeating a melody with the bassline brought down an octave, I think that's kinda cheap.

Anyway, good luck.

Re: Original Composition for Piano - 10/28/12 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Foxes
I just listened to your first.

How long have you been at this? It's good for what it is, good for beginning, clever - those sharps at the start were clever. Kinda Einaudi, I assume you know him, if not I assume you'd like em.

Yes, I'm just beginning, piano and composition. Now I'm reading about music theory and composition.
I don't know much about Einaudi, I'll look for something of him.

I advise you to not name this piece, since it's your first and you were probably just focusing on writing something that sounded good, it probably doesn't have a deep meaning, so why try to imbue it with meaning where there is none?

Yes, you are right is better to stay without name. The only I gave a name until now is one for cellos I've posted in youtube too.

Some criticisms: it's too long for the amount of content there is to it, this is a three minute piece, tops, you're running the melody an ideas into the ground by the end.
When you change key (modulate) it got more interesting but it didn't really go anywhere, the start was my favourite part.

I liked the start the most because it didn't try any cheap fancy tricks, it was just "there". By "cheap fancy tricks" I mean repeating a melody up an octave, repeating a melody with the bassline brought down an octave, I think that's kinda cheap.

Yes, now that I'm reading I understand that a music with 5 minutes need something more to keep the listener attention.

Anyway, good luck.

Thank you very much for your comment, advices and criticisms smile