Prelude V by Scott Aaron Miller

Posted by: Nikolas

Prelude V by Scott Aaron Miller - 10/19/12 09:48 AM

I'd like to offer a youtube video up for comments, feedback (after all this is public, so any kind of feedback goes), and general listening and chatting.

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1975600.html#Post1975600

This is one of the seven preludes by Scott Aaron Miller (known as ScottM (<-link to PianoWorld profile) over here).

Personally, I feel that Scott (<-link to official bio) has done a great job here. This is a great example of contemporary harmonic progression, without this being detached from the past, and a slight melodic movement that although repeated, does not get boring in any case! The music drama, even for a single page prelude is there and so are the chances to go a tiny bit romantic in your performance, as a pianist! The counterpoint works very well and in general this is a very well thought out work (which I believe was composed in his Pease piano at home. If not I'm sure he'll post and correct me... heh...).

Enjoy!

Re: Prelude V by Scott Aaron Miller - 10/19/12 03:40 PM

I'm a fool.

Here's the correct youtube link:

Posted by: Foxes

Re: Prelude V by Scott Aaron Miller - 10/27/12 11:12 PM

A gem, I was holding going to the bathroom to finish listening to this and I'll probably listen again.

Is this guy a professional? I'd believe it if you said yes, most other compositions on here are pretty slight.

Reminded me of Satie's Nocturnes, Opus 18 by O'Halloran and Battlestar Sonatica by Bear McCreary.
Posted by: Ben Crosland

Re: Prelude V by Scott Aaron Miller - 10/28/12 11:19 AM

Yeah, I really like these - I've listened to this one, and the other two on the Editions Musica Ferrum YouTube channel, and they're all good.

Re: Prelude V by Scott Aaron Miller - 10/28/12 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Foxes
Is this guy a professional? I'd believe it if you said yes, most other compositions on here are pretty slight
This is a great compliment. Scott has studied music composition, as far as I know and he's simply great at it! Simple as that!

And, yes, there are another two preludes already uploaded in youtube; Ben's right. I'm just taking my time presenting them little by little! wink