New composition - L'instant présent

Posted by: batdan

New composition - L'instant présent - 11/10/12 04:37 AM

Hello, this is my last composition.
Good listening and thank you for your comments

Posted by: Steve Chandler

Re: New composition - L'instant présent - 11/11/12 11:04 AM

You have well developed the style. It's new agey, similar to George Winston. This piece has a nice dramatic arc within a limited dynamic range. For what it is it's a nice piece.

Just curious you say it's your last piece. Does that mean the last piece you've composed or the last piece you'll write? Isn't it interesting how mere words can be (mis)interpreted?
Posted by: JoelW

Re: New composition - L'instant présent - 11/11/12 12:06 PM

Have you ever thought about composing more complex pieces? The structures of this and your previous post are fairly simple. (not like that's a bad thing. it's not)

Re: New composition - L'instant présent - 11/11/12 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve Chandler
You have well developed the style. It's new agey, similar to George Winston. This piece has a nice dramatic arc within a limited dynamic range. For what it is it's a nice piece.

Just curious you say it's your last piece. Does that mean the last piece you've composed or the last piece you'll write? Isn't it interesting how mere words can be (mis)interpreted?

Thank you for your comment.
I do not speak English correctly, I'm French.
I meant that this is the last song I wrote.
In French syntax, it is not necessary to specify smile

Re: New composition - L'instant présent - 11/11/12 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: mazurkajoe
Have you ever thought about composing more complex pieces? The structures of this and your previous post are fairly simple. (not like that's a bad thing. it's not)

Thank you for your comment.

For me, the music does not need to be complicated to be beautiful.
I love artists like Ludovico Einaudi or through the quality of the interpretation. I do not pretend to play like him but I'm working smile