MY VERY OWN WALTZ

Posted by: music-P

MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 07:35 AM

Hey Guys! it's been a long time since I've visited the forums and on my way back I decided to upload my very own composition as I promised.

The piece is called Valse de Minuít, in English, Waltz of Midnight. This song is not related to Peter Munuít also.

Forget about that just listen to it!

I hope you enjoy it!

Listen to it here Valse de Minuít
Posted by: Nikolas

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 07:48 AM

It would be great if you did a couple of things:

1. Stop using CAPITAL LETTERING on the subject of a thread, because this translates into SHOUTING and doesn't look good.

2. Offer a link to your waltz so we can listen to it... wink There's no link in your post!

Happy new year, if you're in Philippines, since you're probably one of the first members to enter 2013! smile
Posted by: Allazart

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 07:59 AM

Colour me disappointed...I was all ready to listen but there's no link!
Hope to hear it soon.

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 08:32 AM

Hey the link's disappeared

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 08:57 AM

Ok I fixed it

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 08:59 AM

By th way, Nikolas thanks for greeting me and Happy New Year to you too! To you to Allazart and all piano world members!
Posted by: rada

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 04:29 PM

Thanks for sharing. If you want an opinion ...it doesn't sound like 3/4 meter...Happy New Year!

rada
Posted by: peterws

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 05:09 PM

It has a Carribean feel to it, steel drums sort o` thing. If you introduced some soft floaty sounds, Enya-style and got a girl friend or two to join on vocals, it`d be right good and a lot of fun!!

Have a good New Year man!
Posted by: Allazart

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 08:28 PM

I listened it through and it's rather infectious.
It reminds me of a song from a TV show that was written to always come back to the beginning.
It feels more marchy than waltzy what what's in a name!?

Happy New Year to you too music-p!

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 12/31/12 10:52 PM

Well it's actually a waltz but I'm having a really bad time putting the other instruments in like the violin and the flute.

And guys thanks for listening to it
Posted by: LoPresti

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 01/02/13 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: music-P
Well it's actually a waltz but I'm having a really bad time putting the other instruments in like the violin and the flute.

Adding flutes, violins, or any other instruments, will not make this into a waltz. The sound and the feel are triplets resulting from a moderate 12/8 meter. I liked your opening harmonies very much.

You seem to have disappeared from your own other thread here, and we were worried about you.

Ed
Posted by: Kreisler

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 01/02/13 04:22 PM

It's really not a waltz. The tempo makes it impossible to dance to, it doesn't use anything resembling a typical waltz accompaniment. It takes more than "triple meter" to be a waltz. There are tempo and stylistic concerns as well...

Originally Posted By: music-P

And guys thanks for listening to it

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 04/04/13 09:27 AM

Hmm after a long time of reviewing and revising my composition,I realized my mistakes, now it is as good as new but the only problem is that i dont have a single title for it or even a simple thought, it still has the same melody so guys, any suggestions.
Posted by: LoPresti

Re: MY VERY OWN WALTZ - 04/04/13 10:59 AM

Divertamento Pacifico.